Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applied maths

Options
  • 09-04-2010 6:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

hi im just wondering does anyone have any tips for applied maths and how is everyone getting on with it?
    At the mo im hating it but i need to keep it on for the points so im looking to get a fairly good grade in it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Im the same! Hate it but need it for points even though realistically I'd be lucky to get a C3. Saying that it is handy that most of the marks are for applying the right formulas/following a structure etc. and they are very structured questions. The Linear motion questions can be tricky-ly worded though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 repeatLC

ya i say il be lucky to pass at this stage! i understand it all in theory but its the timing that catches me in the exams, iv no time to think!
    But as regards to marks, they're pretty easy to pick up along the way even if you don't get the actual answer!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,019 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

The value of past papers can't be overstated in applied maths.

iv been doing a good few of them and the same sort of things seem to be coming up.
    What kind of timing should i do for each q??

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,019 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

repeatLC wrote: »
    What kind of timing should i do for each q??

It depends, but generally speaking you'll get more marks for making a start on another question then spending all your time trying to get the last bit out on another one. AM is a subject where you can get marks without getting the answer out once you have the question set up properly and are on the right track.

Start with the questions you are most comfortable with first to get them out of the way. Don't be afraid to leave them to come back to them later.

• Advertisement

i try to do that alri but most of th time i never end up going back to them!

think its possible to go up to a B frm a D2 in th pre???:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ruski

repeatLC wrote: »
    i try to do that alri but most of th time i never end up going back to them!

think its possible to go up to a B frm a D2 in th pre???:confused:

I know people who went up from failing the mock to a B grade, if not an A in the real leaving cert. There's not much to study either. Just pick your six favourite questions and one backup question and keep studying only those.

Advertisement