Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Various ways to connect DVD to TV?

• 09-04-2010 7:47pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭

What are the different ways to connect a DVD player to a TV.

I know you can do the normal Scart lead and HDMI lead aswell

But what other ways are there to connect the 2?

Can you connect a DVD player up to say the likes of Sky or NTL box and then watch it through the Sky/NTL co ax connection to the TV?

Can you connect a DVD player to a TV wirelessly?

Thanks.:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

you can do it wirelessly. i had a tv connection in the attic done wirelessly. but then i sent the tv up there with a cable so i have the tv connected to the pc in the office wirelessly now for the music.

there are wireless boxes you can get in argos that does it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Some DVD players have an optical connection, perhaps your TV can handle that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

Martron wrote: »
    you can do it wirelessly. i had a tv connection in the attic done wirelessly. but then i sent the tv up there with a cable so i have the tv connected to the pc in the office wirelessly now for the music.
    there are wireless boxes you can get in argos that does it.

i did not know you could do that can you give us some more info and names of what you use
    many thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9004296/Trail/searchtext%3EWIRELESS+SENDER.htm

this seems to be a better model than what i have but this will do the trick. you will need either a better graphics card to get the rcb output. but my laptop has s-video output and you can get a scart adapter for that.

you will also need a wirless keyboard and mouse with a good range.

one problem however is that the wireless internet affects it but its just a matter of fidlling with the channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

thanks for info

• Advertisement
Advertisement