Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Player via Xbox

• 09-04-2010 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭

Is anybody else experiencing problems with Sky Player tonight via Xbox? I'm on UPC 15MB and my current speed is 13.95MB down and 1.3MB up. The connection keeps on buffering every 30 seconds or so even on low quality.

It's usually fine never really buffers on high quality. Typical just when i want to watch the Leinster game it starts to go bad.

Any ideas? anything I can do with the wireless modem settings to improve it?

Doing my head in here.

Cheers
    Neon

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,434 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

neonman wrote: »
    Is anybody else experiencing problems with Sky Player tonight via Xbox? I'm on UPC 15MB and my current speed is 13.95MB down and 1.3MB up. The connection keeps on buffering every 30 seconds or so even on low quality.

It's usually fine never really buffers on high quality. Typical just when i want to watch the Leinster game it starts to go bad.

Any ideas? anything I can do with the wireless modem settings to improve it?

Doing my head in here.

Cheers
    Neon

Which channel?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭dunworth1

i will check now and report back in a few min

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭neonman

Spear wrote: »
    Which channel?

Sky Sports one....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭dunworth1

ok i watched the match there for a few min with no problems (HQ)

i have 15mb upc as well

all i can suggest is to unplug your modem and router for a minute or two and plug back in

hope this helps

dunworth1 wrote: »
    ok i watched the match there for a few min with no problems (HQ)

i have 15mb upc as well

all i can suggest is to unplug your modem and router for a minute or two and plug back in

hope this helps

Thanks for the feedback man. tried that already I've switched to watching it directly on the sky web page on the sky player there and its working fine.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,434 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Thanks for the feedback man. tried that already I've switched to watching it directly on the sky web page on the sky player there and its working fine.

There's no difference, web and XBox versions play the same streams from the same servers. Traffics light on the platform right now, so it's definitely something local to your XBox. Using Wifi or getting a system update in the background?

Spear wrote: »
    There's no difference, web and XBox versions play the same streams from the same servers. Traffics light on the platform right now, so it's definitely something local to your XBox. Using Wifi or getting a system update in the background?

Nothing else running on the xbox at the same time as the sky player that I know of so not sure why the service is so bad via xbox live compared to skys web site. Will check again at half time to see what its like via xbox live.

Not a great start to the game 0-10 down already :mad:

Thanks for checking as well..

I think it might be my wireless receiver on my xbox that is f*cked. Its kicking me out of xbox live saying connection issues but the web is fine and speed test and ping tests are spot on.

Can't play MW2 on line now either signal strength is 1-2 bars it was 4 up until today.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

... wireless receiver on my xbox...

There's your problem. Wireless is garbage for anything other than web browsing. Avoid using it for gaming or streaming.

There's your problem. Wireless is garbage for anything other than web browsing. Avoid using it for gaming or streaming.

No choice but to use it as the xbox is in another room (and floor) to where the modem is unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭cauliflower69

grab a set of homeplugs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

has sky player gone up in price? Last month i was charged €15 instead of €7.50 for it. (no multiroom just sky player)

Advertisement