Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Refurbished Class C - what does it mean?

• 09-04-2010 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭

Hi,

I saw a nice TV I'm thinking of getting on ebay from luzerntech. it's described as "refurbished class c". Anyone know what exactly this is and is it dodgy? I've got conflicting info from y searches so far.

Also, what are that luzerntech crowd like to deal with?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭mark2000ie

Hi,

I saw a nice TV I'm thinking of getting on ebay from luzerntech. it's described as "refurbished class c". Anyone know what exactly this is and is it dodgy? I've got conflicting info from y searches so far.

Also, what are that luzerntech crowd like to deal with?

Thanks.

I bought a 42 inch Philips tv from them for 800 euro and tv broke after 2 years. They were a nightmare to deal with and would do nothing at all for me.
    Steer clear from them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 109 ✭✭Pepsie

Steer far clear of that crowd Luzern tech, if you want to purchase a high value electronics item trouble free. :(
    As an example, in my own case, I paid them over £500.00 & from day one, they sent me a faulty 42" Philips LCD TV which they said was perfect. It was a never ending battle trying to communicate with them, I'd have a better chance of getting a reply Elvis!
    2 years on now, still no refund & I'm over £500 Stirling out, not to mention, interest, stress, wasted time, etc, etc.... :mad:

If you want Trouble Free, great service & a good deal, I can highly recommend Richer Sounds of Belfast from experience of buying home Audio Visual gear from them over the past couple of years. You will also find them here on these boards.ie pages.
    But buying high value electronics from Luzern tech I would liken to betting on a horse in the Grand National, be prepared to loose your money & wits. :mad:
    I am only a phone call away if you want more info on my experience

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

@jeff lebowski,

according to Luzerntech's ebay shop,
    Refurbished Class C - Class C refurbished products are sold in perfect working order, however they have cosmetic blemishes e.g. small marks or scratches normally associated with brief usage.

Its worth bearing in mind that a refurbished product from Luzerntech has a 90 day warantee, this is clearly set out on their site and is usually reflected in their pricing see this http://cgi.ebay.ie/Philips-47PFL5604H-12-47-Full-HD-LCD-TV-Pixel-Plus-HD-/200473964680?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_AudioTVElectronics_Video_Televisions&hash=item2ead2df088 for example.

While the personal unhappiness of the two other posters here is clear, in fairness Luzerntech have a pretty good ebay rating ( 75,000+ sales, 98.9% positive and a quick look at recent negative or neutral ratings does not ring alarm bells.

At the end of the day, refurbished products are secondhand and you should carefully read the description and warantee details on Luzerntech's website. If you want a new product with a full manufacturer's warantee then you should buy new from a retailer. Richersounds and the associated Philips Shop have a forum here on Boards and have earned a reputation here for looking after their customers.

Ritz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭mark2000ie

The Ritz wrote: »
    @jeff lebowski,

according to Luzerntech's ebay shop,

Its worth bearing in mind that a refurbished product from Luzerntech has a 90 day warantee, this is clearly set out on their site and is usually reflected in their pricing see this http://cgi.ebay.ie/Philips-47PFL5604H-12-47-Full-HD-LCD-TV-Pixel-Plus-HD-/200473964680?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_AudioTVElectronics_Video_Televisions&hash=item2ead2df088 for example.

While the personal unhappiness of the two other posters here is clear, in fairness Luzerntech have a pretty good ebay rating ( 75,000+ sales, 98.9% positive and a quick look at recent negative or neutral ratings does not ring alarm bells.

At the end of the day, refurbished products are secondhand and you should carefully read the description and warantee details on Luzerntech's website. If you want a new product with a full manufacturer's warantee then you should buy new from a retailer. Richersounds and the associated Philips Shop have a forum here on Boards and have earned a reputation here for looking after their customers.

Ritz.

Cant give a negative feedback on ebay where i bought my tv from them as it was 2 years ago, if I could I would

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭jeff lebowski

Ended up buying one in Currys as I got a good deal....didn't want to risk getting 1 that could be a dud after 90 days.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement