Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking aloud (and requiring advice)

Options
  • 09-04-2010 8:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭

Indulge me, I'm sorry. This is really my first time trying to apply for anywhere as a mature student, and I find it helps me to think aloud:

My first step is an application for the course in question (link).

My second step is to request and receive a letter from the institution confirming my application for the course. With this letter I apply to Social Welfare for the BETA allowance (it will convert my Jobseekers Benefit to BETA, in essence).

What follows after? I understand that I am enrolled in a scheme with FAS where they will cover my costs and fees for the course up to an amount of €700.

What comes afterward and where should I be looking for other grants? Are such grants applicable for the above course? Am I able to work part time while on BETA?

Thank you!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 onthehorizon

Once you have BTEA you cannot get any other grants such as maintenance grant so all you will get as far as I know if BTEA. You can however work as much as you like once you are on BTEA as it isn't means tested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

Ah. Very interesting and good to know. Thank you sir!

Advertisement