Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

B-1/B-2 Visa for United States?

Options
  • 09-04-2010 8:56pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭

I plan to travel to the United States (New York City) in September but need to get a B2 visa for to travel there as a tourist. I have been the to the US three times before and never got in trouble or broke any US laws and always left within the 90 days as per the Visa Waiver Programme. I also have no Irish criminal record or anything like that but will get a visa to be on the safe side after my last experience there.

Last time I travelled I was stopped in Shannon by the US Immigration Officers and told I no longer qualified for the VWP and for future travel would need a visa. At that time I was unemployed and still am and will need to get a visa before I travel. It was strange as I since qualified for the ESTA despite what they said!

Has anyone here got a B1/B2 Visa?? I understand the B1 is for business use like closing a contract but not working and the B2 which I need if for tourism, leisure and medical purposes.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Artfully Dodgin

Im currently applying for a B2 for a holiday there. I dont qualify for the VWP either.

What exactly are you wanting to know?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Im currently applying for a B2 for a holiday there. I dont qualify for the VWP either.

What exactly are you wanting to know?

Just how hard is it to get one and what is the interview in Dublin like? I have no reason to not qualify for the VWP but last time I travelled they said I did not meet a certain level of criteria and might need a visa next time I travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Not to be too personal but what kind of reasons would mean you don't qualify for the VWP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Artfully Dodgin

amdublin wrote: »
    Not to be too personal but what kind of reasons would mean you don't qualify for the VWP?

You are being personal and how is it relevant to the askers question?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

amdublin wrote: »

No thats OK seriously:) Last time I travelled I was unemployed and unfortunately am again at the moment. I think they probably suspected me of going there to work illegally or something and were trying to make out as if my "ties" to Ireland were not sufficient or something. They said unless your situation changes to get a Visa if I wanted to travel next time.

Are the B1/B2 visas issued separately? because from this girls expereince it looks as if they are issued toghether in most cases and for ten years.

• Advertisement
Advertisement