Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cracking weather today!

• 09-04-2010 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

great weather today, nice and warm and dry for a change, pity about the road surfaces in north tipp!

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Twas good alright, I cycled home from work (Carlow to Kilkenny) which I think I'll be doing a lot from here on in. Off tomorrow so I'll be out with the club.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

iv done a nice bit this week ,had this eve off .
    il be surprised if we done end up on mt leinster again tomorrow again.

bought some mitts today and have a lite jacket left out.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

jwshooter wrote: »
    iv done a nice bit this week ,had this eve off .
    il be surprised if we done end up on mt leinster again tomorrow again.

bought some mitts today and have a lite jacket left out.

How is Mt. Leinster looking? Have the roads been repaired?

How is Mt. Leinster looking? Have the roads been repaired?

corrabut gap is done ,there working on the rest of it . i have done it a few times in the last weeks .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

garminguy wrote: »
    great weather today, nice and warm and dry for a change, pity about the road surfaces in north tipp!

yeah I was in normal summer gear on thursday up the Dub mountains, was just nice, a bit nippy when got there though, but thats why I had my legs and arms (warmers) and gilet with me for coming back down. Nice, hopefully the same tomorrow.

• Advertisement

lovely hear ,no wind ,sun :D .having the porridge and off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

First day out in shorts and short sleeve jersey, felt good!

Went up Vico road, still "closed" to traffic at the start so the whole way up it was just me and people walking. Strong wind coming from the sea I think, so when I got to Enniskerry there was hardly a breeze, just enough to stay cool.

If it's like this tomorrow then I may actually be looking forward to a 200km.

great spin ourseleves ,we hit mt leinster again doing two big climbs on it this time .
    climbed up the nine stone and then a long desent into bunclody kilbranish has some huge pot holes still ,but marked for work.
    a strong head wind from bunclody to enniscorthy was the last thing i wanted.

nice and warm . time to get the white legs out :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    First day out in shorts and short sleeve jersey, felt good!

Snap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Shorts and jersey today too and my cyclinst tan is coming back!!!! Amazing day out! Went out towards Lucan, Rathmore then across to the Lakes, beautiful scenery, clocked up 120 km. probably my favourite spin so far this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,116 ✭✭✭buffalo

Dangnamit, I think I got sunburned on the boardsie spin!

was out this eve for a few hours , only shorts and jersey on ,felt naked .
    lovely to have warm air and sun shine .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Just to remind everyone to enjoy the nice weather. Last April was pretty good also as was the April and may in 2008.
    We are getting our summer. It will be over by mid May.

I'm off and the wind is coming from the east, that can only mean one thing: Mt. Leinster.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭garminguy

it feels great to be out of winter tights and feeling a bit naked in just shorts and short sleeve jersey!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Highway_To_Hell

1st commute of the year in summer gear, kept the arm warmers on and carred a jacket in my pannier just in case. Was a bit cold for the first 10 mins and on any downhill sections. I think today was the first moning my toes weren't numb by the time I got in to the office.

Already looking forward to the commute home and I might even take a longer route home.

I'm off and the wind is coming from the east, that can only mean one thing: Mt. Leinster.

say it was nice up there today ,say the breeze was strong enough

jwshooter wrote: »
    say it was nice up there today ,say the breeze was strong enough

Deadly, yeah, bit of a breeze but not bad, decided not to head up to the mast. Descent into Bunclody is :eek:, riddled with holes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

ROK ON wrote: »
    Just to remind everyone to enjoy the nice weather. Last April was pretty good also as was the April and may in 2008.
    We are getting our summer. It will be over by mid May.

Im sick of telling people this after they complain about the Irish 'summer' ;)
    Our summer is warm (luke) and wet just the way the geography of our sorroundings are. APRIL is summer people, and at 18 degs the other day it was a propper summers day :p

Advertisement