Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wireless All in 1 Printer

• 09-04-2010 9:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I want to get a wireless all in one printer, scanner, copier. Its for irregular limited use at home, could go months between prints. Prefer to have colour. Any suggestions

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

wireless!

not really much point in wireless network printer seen as you need to plug it into a power supply.

just get a standard printer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 159 ✭✭Philistine

You can get a wireless print server and connect a standard network printer into it.

Linksys 11g Multifuntion Print Server on Komplett.ie for €70.71

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭GBX

wireless!

not really much point in wireless network printer seen as you need to plug it into a power supply.

just get a standard printer.

Wireless printers are handy if the OP just has a laptop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Lexmark do a great rangel starting at about 90.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/6705079/c_1/1|category_root|Office%2C+PCs+and+phones|14418968/c_2/2|cat_14418968|Printers+and+fax+machines|14418969/c_3/3|cat_14418969|All-in-one+(printer%2C+scanner%2C+copier)|14418978.htm

Hope that link works, my folks have this one for light use. Printer is hidden away upstairs from the kids and they print wirelessly from the laptop anywhere in the house. Very handy

It's a HP F4580

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

thanks for the replies

all i have is a laptop so i could be anywhere in the house when i decide i need to print something so it would be handy to have a wireless printer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭shivs

3DataModem wrote: »
    Lexmark do a great rangel starting at about 90.
    Hi,
    I too was sucked into the Lexmark range - the printer is great. (I use it at home, but wouldn't have a huge number of prints). HOWEVER, if you are to replace the cartridges, it hurts! Ours cost double the price of the printer :mad:

I am soooooo angry, that l am actually going to buy a cheap n' cheerful HP, that has refillable cartridges

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

i've got a HP printer. if you set everything on the computer when printing to a fast draft, it'll use a lot less ink. the quality is just as good for everyday printing. i'm still using the same ink cartridges that came with it 2 years ago.

my friend has a lexmark printer and it just shoots through the ink at no man's rate. i personally wouldn't go with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭shivs

whiteman19 wrote: »
    i've got a HP printer. if you set everything on the computer when printing to a fast draft, it'll use a lot less ink. the quality is just as good for everyday printing. i'm still using the same ink cartridges that came with it 2 years ago.

my friend has a lexmark printer and it just shoots through the ink at no man's rate. i personally wouldn't go with them.
    You are so right whiteman - it's a huge con by Lexmark. Am off to PC World in the morn - am being nosy, but what HP printer do you have? Sounds fab!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Sorry to drag up an older thread, but could someone recommend a wireless printer, that doesnt cost a fortune when you have to replace the ink?
    Currently have an Epson wired, and it drinks ink and is expensive to replace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 197 ✭✭softdancomputer

Get a laser or led printer; an ink on will cost few bobs less, but will dry ... if you dont use it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 362 ✭✭theone

try this one http://www.amazon.co.uk/HP-Photosmart-C4680-All-in-One-Printer/dp/B002GBYODA/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1273519555&sr=1-4 i got it's bigger brother because i had to scan old photo's and was impressed with it(free delivery as well seen as it's over £25).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

shivs wrote: »
    You are so right whiteman - it's a huge con by Lexmark. Am off to PC World in the morn - am being nosy, but what HP printer do you have? Sounds fab!
    meant to find out the serial numbers but forgot :o:o:o

i've got 2 printers, one in college, and one in home.
    College one's a Deskjet F4180
    Home one's a PSC 1315

Sorry for the very late reply :o. only remembered when someone bumped the thread. hope it's not too late:)

Advertisement