Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netgear router instead of the magnet one....help

• 09-04-2010 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

I want to have a netgear router instead of that other thing that magnet give you..
    Can anyone help me with this?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,434 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

kaneda187 wrote: »
    I want to have a netgear router instead of that other thing that magnet give you..
    Can anyone help me with this?

Magnet don't supply a router, they supply a bridge. Just connect the WAN port of the router into the Telsey and let DHCP get all the settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭kaneda187

Tried that didnt work...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭LeBash

I had shocking problems with Magnet where my broadband was dropping out every few mins. I was told this wasnt happening and it couldnt happen by a certain member of staff there after complaining several times about this (a high up member). I have changed the router and I have had no problems since.

Firstly, you need to make sure its a modem router obviously. Load up the software that comes with it.

It will look for 2 codes cant remember what they are called, but magnets are 0 and 35.

When your done, stick a password on for the wireless and your done.

If you havent bought the modem router yet, Peats are doing a good price on an Edimax one that hasnt let me down yet, but do not keep that Telsey piece of crap.

I have a netgear adsl router (the one for phone lines)
    So your saying just hook it up without having that magnet crap connected?
    run the setup?
    if this works ill take great pleasure in getting rid of that other thing!

• Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

Can I help anyone here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭LeBash

Kandra,

It shouldnt be a problem.

If you call Magnet support, youll be told

"your not allowed"
    "we can support" (this is often the case)
    "its not possible"
    "a what?"
    and my favourite was "those numbers are restricted" but I got them off thier website.

If you have it, just go for it, worked for me and I was delighted to finally throw the telsey out and I have also been problem free for months now. As I posted above, just punch in those numbers when asked and when it asks what type of line, its trial and error cause nobody in Magnet could tell me that either.

If you have a problem, PM me and I'll forward you the exact instructions I have from Edimax, and im sure they will be simular.

Can I help anyone here?

Well the last time I asked you for help......

You told me that nobody at Magnet can help me and Im better off looking for the help "online"....

So Im online now....

I need the settings to configure my router?

LeBash wrote: »
    Kandra,

It shouldnt be a problem.

If you call Magnet support, youll be told

"your not allowed"
    "we can support" (this is often the case)
    "its not possible"
    "a what?"
    and my favourite was "those numbers are restricted" but I got them off thier website.

If you have it, just go for it, worked for me and I was delighted to finally throw the telsey out and I have also been problem free for months now. As I posted above, just punch in those numbers when asked and when it asks what type of line, its trial and error cause nobody in Magnet could tell me that either.

If you have a problem, PM me and I'll forward you the exact instructions I have from Edimax, and im sure they will be simular.

Hey thanks So much for the help but Im still not having any luck is ther any chance you could send me a guide or something?

Well I got it working some how something to do with the type of adsl connection i have LLC based i think. and yeah you set one of the settings to 0 and the other 35! thanks for the help!

Advertisement