Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dual Sim Phone in Dublin?

Options
  • 09-04-2010 10:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi friends,

I am looking for a bargain Dual Sim phone, that I can buy in a brick and mortar shop in Dublin?

I am a GP and it would greatly help me to be able to have a phone that uses two sim cards instead of having two phones to seperate my personal and work life.

Thanks Boardsies!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

You could try FM Mobile on Camden St or some of the Chinese phone shops on Moore St (they are big in to dual sims).
    There used to be one in Rathmines, he cut 2 regular sims to fit in to a single sim in a regular mobile.
    Dont think they could be used simultaneously though, you switched between then at power up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Xtravision are selling a Dual-Sim Samsung phone at the minute, can't remember the model.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭gar32

I have got one in Moore st which is a nokia fake called NDKLA Nseries which works great. Its is also a TV and radio with great speakers. I was on a bike and it fall from my poket and bounced down the road and work fine after and still does 8 months later. It takes a few hours of use to get used to all the fuctions but its great.

Personal note.

If you have a DUAL Sim and have 2 ready togo sims you can get free calls to 2 networks for €40 a month. Much cheaper then the bill pays people get rip off with.

Happy phone hunting. :)

Regards Gar32

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

gar32 wrote: »
    I have got one in Moore st which is a nokia fake called NDKLA Nseries which works great.
    :D

Do the two sims work at the same time, ie: you can be rang or texted on either, or do you have to switch between them and only one is active at any one time?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

I have the Samsunf D880 DUOS, both sims online . Had a few chinese clones and the two sims never worked rite . Bought from the local paper , seen quite a few for sale since.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

nm wrote: »
    Do the two sims work at the same time, ie: you can be rang or texted on either, or do you have to switch between them and only one is active at any one time?

Proper dual sim phones have both live at the same time. Other phones just switch between sims which is not he same at all. Their is only a few official dual sim phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭ei9go

I have a Samsung GT-C6112 and it works very well. Both sims are on all the time.

It also combines the phonebook from the two sims cards and you can phone a number from sim card 1 or 2 on either line.

You can also switch sim card 2 on and off in the menu useful if you want to switch your work line off in the evening.

It has two imei numbers so you can have two sim cards from the same network.

However, I cannot get gprs or mms to work on it on the o2 network.

Pixmania sell these or there are sellers on ebay.de as well.

NDKLA N97 work for me with O2 and Meteor at the same time and I have a Voda phone sim for use when needed. (If some one with free calls to Voda phone wants to call me for a long time. )

:)

Lets stop being rip'ed off. What happened to all that money they where making when text messages all over europe cost a bomb? 13c now and they still make a profit.

free calls over VIOP please

Happy Dual SIMing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

gar32 wrote: »
    NDKLA N97 work for me with O2 and Meteor at the same time and I have a Voda phone sim for use when needed. (If some one with free calls to Voda phone wants to call me for a long time. )

:)

Lets stop being rip'ed off. What happened to all that money they where making when text messages all over europe cost a bomb? 13c now and they still make a profit.

free calls over VIOP please

Happy Dual SIMing :)

Where did you buy yours as a matter of interest. Could be tempted myself :)

sorry for late reply

I got mine phone in Moore St in a small phone shop facing 2 euro shop. Asain Lady sold it to me after I offered E30 less then the price on it. Also ask for 2nd battery as handy if you watch tv for and hour or more.

Good luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Macca07

I have a dual-sim Chinese phone, knock-off of an iPhone, bought it on eBay though. Both Sims work perrfectly and can receive texts and calls at any time. Can switch either off whenever i want.

Any one able to get MMS and GPRS working on these? with o2 or meteor

I got internet working gprs on O2. if you look at web settings for O2 or look for NDKLA in the search. Settings should be there. :)

good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭KELTICKNIGHTT

was wondering what these iphone copys where like except there 3to 4 hour talk time not good,samsung might be worth looking at,have 3 mobiles on me ,2 for work and one personnal so looking at good dual sim mob

Advertisement