Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Quick Question... All input apreciated!

• 09-04-2010 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hey all,

My Dad has a '92 Nissan March, about 80k on the clock... He hasn't been in the best of health lately so the car hasn't been used regulary in about 14 months.... The insurance ran out about a year ago & the NCT ended a few months ago... Would there be any garage's that would take this off me in a scrapage deal?? or/and What would de a decent price to sell this car at privately... It's running perfectly & never had any troubles...

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 97 ✭✭T83

Has to have a current NCT to avail of the government scrappage (god forbid they get any cars that actually need to be scraped off the road), but Renault and Ford would probably both talk to you about scrapping it to buy a new one from them, just with them not the government... everybody else will probably just do government scrappage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

Hey all,

My Dad has a '92 Nissan March, about 80k on the clock... He hasn't been in the best of health lately so the car hasn't been used regulary in about 14 months.... The insurance ran out about a year ago & the NCT ended a few months ago... Would there be any garage's that would take this off me in a scrapage deal?? or/and What would de a decent price to sell this car at privately... It's running perfectly & never had any troubles...

Cheers

sorry to hear about your dad...

unfortuantely.. hte car is not worth a lot... maybe get €500 for it... put it up on adverts.ie and see...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭pdiddy

as rob said car not worth a lot u shud send it for nct as wud be much easier to sell with one but still wouldnt be worth more then 500 - 600 quid perfect for somone learning to drive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

As for scrappage, I think it would have to be your dad buying the new vehicle, and it might have to be NCT'd, and maybe some other restrictions. Check it out. Might turn out to be easier to NCT it yerself and sell it on, it isn't worth a whole lot really. I have a car in the UK that belonged to my late father ('92 Volvo 460), its in perfect condition, but it isn't worth *****

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Gitb1

It has to have been taxed and insured for 12 of the last 18 months and it has to; have an nct, have only ran out in the last 12 weeks or failed one in the last 6 months

• Advertisement
Advertisement