Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Space ship object over Dublin Tonight 9-4-10 Between 10pm and 10.30pm

Options
  • 09-04-2010 10:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭

I,m usally in the weather section, but had to put this out there.

About 10pm a fast moving object, glowing orange dimming at times was approaching dublin from the wicklow blessington area.

It then slowed, over i,d say marley park area rathfarnam, south dublin .

Made a slow turn towards Dublin city centre. It took about 30 minutes to make this turn.

Then a plane approaching from the irish sea coming from the east over ringsend i,d say was at the same level as it.

This object then took off like a bullet as it looked like the plane was heading for it.

Never seen something take off like that.

Has weirded me out of it.

Anyone else see it?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Usually turn out to be a chinese lantern.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Kippure

Oryx wrote: »
    Usually turn out to be a chinese lantern.

Theres no way that was a chinese lantern. This thing had speed and moveability. It slowed up then slowed down. And made a slow turn towards dublin, they took off like a bullet straight accross the city disappearing.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

See what the astronomy guys have to say, I just wandered over from paranormal, where we get this kind of report posted a lot. Apparently because of the difficulty in size and distance perception in the sky, and the fact that lanterns can change speed and direction with the wind, they are quite often mistaken for ufos. If you google both terms youll see what I mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭maccydoodies

I seen this too. It was orange in colour and going way too fast to be a chinese lantern. Im in Tallaght and it was moving from East to North. I was looking towards the East when I first saw it. I didnt see it shoot off though.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭dbran

Hi

It sounds most likely a Chinese lantern. As the previous poster said, you don't know how far away it is from you to gauge its speed and it often can move erratically due to changes in wind direction.

Everyone thinks their a UFO initially. There does seem to be a lot more of them around in the last few years.

Dbran

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Kippure

dbran wrote: »
    Hi

It sounds most likely a Chinese lantern. As the previous poster said, you don't know how far away it is from you to gauge its speed and it often can move erratically due to changes in wind direction.

Everyone thinks their a UFO initially. There does seem to be a lot more of them around in the last few years.

Dbran

The light in the sky has returned.

Most likely located over tallaght, blessington way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Could it be a Garda helicopter, few people where I live thought they saw a UFO a few nights back, turned out it was a Garda helicopter out after someone.

Advertisement