Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When Are You Leaving School?

Options
  • 09-04-2010 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭

When are you planning to stop going in to school to study?

I know of a lot who are leaving early to start...

Is there anything to be said for waiting until the last day??

When Will You Stop Going In? 10 votes

Mid April
    0% 0 votes
    End of April
    10% 1 vote
    Early May
    20% 2 votes
    Til the Bitter End :(
    70% 7 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

Ah now I don't see the point - sitting at home all day everyday in isolation studying isn't going to do your brain any good. Going to school means seeing friends, having a laugh, getting a bit of oxygen into you before you sit down and study for the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Stryderman

I'm planning on finishing up in early may, but i'll probably still go in an odd day.
    Well I doubt it's true but out principal said to us that statistically, the people who stay in school until the end do better:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

I'm going to keep going in. I stayed at home from mid May last year and I got nothing done. At least when you're at school you have to study, when you're at home it's too easy to just waste the day away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 repeatLC

ya i stayed in until th end n it was pretty handy getting last min help and tips in th subjects.
    A good few people take th time of school and so th classes are smaller and quieter :)
    Sure theres lik a week n a half before th exams start after skuls finished, thats plenty of time!!!:D

At home u kno you'l find yourself watching home and away and being on facebook all day anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭DGRulz

Not soon enough -May 26th is grad day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

I'll be going in right up to the end. I just don't see the point in staying at home working when you could be doing it in school with teachers and mates for help.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭stainluss

kev9100 wrote: »
    I'll be going in right up to the end. I just don't see the point in staying at home working when you could be doing it in school with teachers and mates for help.
    Lawliet wrote: »
    I'm going to keep going in. I stayed at home from mid May last year and I got nothing done. At least when you're at school you have to study, when you're at home it's too easy to just waste the day away.

Do the teachers not decide what we stdy in school, though?
    Or do they let you do what you want towards the end?

Thats the one problem i have with waiting in.. at home you can decide what parts you have difficulty with.

Facebook is a major obstacle for me:mad: "the crack of the internet" as someone put it

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Moshimoshi

I had to leave around November. Seemingly as with most things related to the LC, I think whether or not it's an advantage depends on the person :pac:

Moshimoshi wrote: »
    I had to leave around November. Seemingly as with most things related to the LC, I think whether or not it's an advantage depends on the person :pac:

You've been studying at home since November:eek:

Hows it going? Do you think it helped?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Moshimoshi

stainluss wrote: »
    You've been studying at home since November:eek:

Hows it going? Do you think it helped?

I wouldn't say it helped, but I don't think it has done too much damage points-wise either. Won't really know until results day though :)

• Advertisement

Do the teachers not decide what we stdy in school, though?
    Or do they let you do what you want towards the end?

Thats the one problem i have with waiting in.. at home you can decide what parts you have difficulty with.

Facebook is a major obstacle for me:mad: "the crack of the internet" as someone put it

I'm not sure about any other school but in my one after Easter we can decide ourselves.

Facebook and Boards are definitely "the crack of the internet":(.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭H2student

Didn't even think about staying in school to study o_O, nobody I know are doing it. Not a bad idea though....

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Stryderman

I won't be staying at home to study anyway, too many distractions:mad: I think the library is my best option

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭MaggieNF

DGRulz wrote: »
    Not soon enough -May 26th is grad day.

you graduate in may, my school grad night is the 29th of april, then its like all extra classes. cant wait :)

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭gant0

I'm staying till the bitter end......Just think it makes more sense to stay in school as youy can study without distractions and ask teachers whebever you need help and you get to hang around with your friends and relax a bit which is essential to make sure you don't over stress and crack under presseure and I don't know about your schools but I know for sure all the lads in my year will have great crac in school....sure it's the last few weeks of being together as a group and in school for the rest of your life,might aswell enjoy it a bit.I quarantee there will be people here who stay at home and study the last few weeks and when it's all over they'll regret it because they missed out on the last weeks of "childhood" for their lives.I'm gonna really appreciate these last few weeks cause I'm definatly gonna miss school when it's all over!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

Staying till the end. I wont do anything at home.. I have enjoyed going to school since Christmas.. bit of work but theres a good bit of craic aswell.. gonna miss it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

I'm definitely staying in school until the end. Our principal called everyone to the Assembly Hall and told us it was better if we stayed, that these coming months are the most important when it comes to the Leaving Cert. Sure you might get some work done at home but as the weeks go on you more than likely won't be able to motivate yourself properly. Our teachers know what they are doing and are really helpful. I have the Sports Day and Graduation to organise aswel and there's no way i'm leaving my prefect class. Apart from all the work I think 6th years brillant and probably my favourite year apart from TY :D I'll definitely miss it :'(

cork*girl wrote: »
    bit of work but theres a good bit of craic aswell.. gonna miss it :(

Same here actually. I hope I keep in touch with with people but knowing me, I probably won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭AmyMaria

I don't think it would do me any good, I'm really easily distracted so I'll stay in until the end. And plus, my dad would never ever ever let me not go into school.
    It probably works for some people, but I just find it easier working in a school environment and after-school study helps me loads as well.

kev9100 wrote: »
    Same here actually. I hope I keep in touch with with people but knowing me, I probably won't.

That's probably the worst bit, with everyone being so close now things are bound to change when we all go to different colleges. People will get new friends and won't have the time to spend with old ones. Hoping this isn't the case next year!

• Advertisement

That's probably the worst bit, with everyone being so close now things are bound to change when we all go to different colleges. People will get new friends and won't have the time to spend with old ones. Hoping this isn't the case next year!

I guess you'd see see mates on the weekends?

I guess you'd see see mates on the weekends?

Yeah of course you would but if you're close friends with a big group of people who all go their separate ways next year it would be hard to regularly see everybody.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭briankirby

I actually took the last day off last year and some of the stuff covered on that day came up,so i would definitely not miss it.
    Good luck guys,i know how much of a pain it is to study wen the weather outside is so good:o

Advertisement