Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

steering issue with peugeot conversion

• 09-04-2010 11:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭

I'm helping a friend convert what we think is a peugeot uo 8.
    Apart from the disaster that is the awkward seatpost diameter (solved with the help of the UCD mechanical engineering dept) we have now run into a handling issue. Unfortunately i don't have enough experience to diagnose the problem or fix it. It feels quite twitchy, any ideas on how to remedy this? would a longer stem be enough? or might it need to be a whole new fork? or is it something completely different?
    Many thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

headset bearings perhaps need attention

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

I hadn't thought so after a quick inspection. maybe i should clean and re-grease them though to be on the safe side

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭DualFrontDiscs

Bent fork? Not original fork?

Older frames may have 'non-standard' geometries that may not suit a swapped fork.

DFD*

*DentedForkDiagnostics

Thanks for all the help above, came across the problem this evening. Turns out my initial once over of the bike hadn't been nearly as thorough as i had thought. Turns out the bottom bearings aren't dirty, or damaged, just a small case of non-existence. Needless to say we had a great ole laugh at our stupidity...

Haha, didn't even think it was possible to ride a bike with no lower headset bearings. When you say they were missing was it just the ball bearings themselves or the entire cup/bearing assembly?

• Advertisement

The cup is there, which is what put me off in the first place... just missing the bearings. It's possible but very odd

Advertisement