Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where are 'good' guys in their 30s to be found in Galway?!

• 09-04-2010 11:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Okay ... first time on here. Hello all :-)
    I was wondering if any of you had recommendations for meeting 'good' guys in their 30s in Galway? I'm a single, professional female, in my 30s ... been in relationships most of my adult life until a year or so ago, and the whole pub/club scene isn't exactly ideal for meeting someone at this age I think, though I still enjoy it for a laugh. Just can't face the thought of internet dating or speed-dating so was wondering if people had any thoughts?:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

hi,
    well for starters what are your interests? If you like dancing why now take up salsa classes or if your into books try the book club here on boards. Believe me there are plenty of 30something guys out there. I would join a club or group that I would have an interest in like dancing or a walking club. I tried the internet dating thing for a while but didnt like the whole blind date side of it. If I met someone in a group setting it was easier to relax than trying to keep someones attention if it was a one on one situtation;). The boards group had a face to face meeting recently and by all accounts it went very well so keep an eye open for that to.
    best of luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

I agree with Scrubber 72...there is an awful lot going on in Galway that doesn't revolve around the pub/club scene (clubs in Galway these days seem o be for the 17-23 year olds so stick with the late bars!!)...there are book clubs, dance classes, general meet ups, rugby, sports, irish language classes, table quizzes, creative writing classes, even stamp collecting classes :eek: the list is endless really so you need to find something you are keen on on give it a shot.
    Obviously you would be better joining something where you could actually talk to people.

Also maybe define your understanding of 'good'...or am I opening a can of worms here...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Also maybe define your understanding of 'good'...or am I opening a can of worms here...

Out my side it means you have all your own teeth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Bubble11

Thanks everyone, I appreciate your replies!
    Great ideas, I'll certainly have a think about a few of them:)

Advertisement