Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV repair

Options
  • 10-04-2010 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭

My mothers LCD TV has broken down. There is still sound but no picture. It's about 6 weeks out of warranty. It's a Hannspree 32" and when switched on the screen briefly flickers but refuses to fully come on, so no access to the TV's menu. Anybody recommend a place in town that could fix it for less than the price of a new one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭MacGyver

bring it back to where you bought it, they may be able to "fix" the reciept to make it in warranty. but also check that the cables are pushed in fully, a scart cable in wrong could give sound and no picture or picture and no sounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭bluesfan

Brought it back, or tried to yesterday, no joy.

First thing I did was check the cables but it wasn't any of them. The fact that it won't even display it's own build in menu system suggests it's nothing to do with cables. Normally when starting up the Hannspree logo appears for a few seconds, now when starting up it flashes on for an instant and is then gone. The fact that it appears at all hopefully means it's not a serious(ie expensive) problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

How old is the TV? Is it just over a year old, or did you buy an extended warranty?

If the former, I would try to return it again as you have a reasonable expectation of durability for the TV, and just over a year doesn't quite cut it.

You have rights under the Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act, 1980. For more info see here.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭bluesfan

The TV is 2 year and 5 weeks old. The store warranty was for 12 months and the manufactures warranty was for 24, so no comeback. I'm not naming the store because they haven't done anything wrong, it's no longer under warranty so they have no obligation to do anything. Having said that, 2 years life is not what you'd expect from a modern appliance. It's also notable have looked around the store that they no long stock any TVs by this manufacturer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 lewiserria

pm me ur details and ur number,i might be able too help ya,im fair with everybody

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭dark_shadow

lewiserria wrote: »
    pm me ur details and ur number,i might be able too help ya,im fair with everybody

I'd say he got sorted by now.....this thread is nearly 2 years old!!:cool:

Advertisement