Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

possible poltergeist?

Options
  • 10-04-2010 12:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭

Just an hour ago, I was lying in bed, when all of a sudden I hear banging and something falling in the next room...My dad shouted up to me what are you doing, I said that wasn't me. So he came up and we both went into the room, there was a picture lying on the ground. The glass smashed and the frame broken. It looked like it had been ripped of the wall, as the chord was ripped from one side of it. Not the middle, and the chord is thick enough along with the nail in the wall to hold it. It was also very cold in the room I noticed when I walked in..there was a little draft comming from the window but this couldn't have reached the door I don't think.. My dad also told me he noticed strange things all week like the tv going on and off..I haven't witnessed anything else but if anything else happens i'll post it, any ideas what this might of been

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Get a paranormal group in to check it out *cough*me*cough* alternatively it could just be a case that the picture frame gave up the ghost and snapped or a breeze came in the open window and blew it off the wall?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭armaghbhoy

The window wasn't open, I meant there was like a bit of air comming through the crack where it closes if you know what i mean lol, the picture isn't that old either..

I dont know if this is related but just thought id add, over a month ago, I had this weird dream. Its like I was sleeping but I wasn't, I was just falling into it, it wasn't a deep sleep. It lasted like 5 minutes, I remember there was a fence, it kept getting closer to me and I could feel myself shaking trying to wake up. As it got so close it opened and this weird shaped shadow figure came straight towards me. Then I opened my eyes. I also had another weird dream but I can't remember it, it involved being chased. I don't know if this is paranormal but just thought i'd add it and see if theres any thoughts on it because I found it really weird

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

I reckon you're screwed ArmaghBoy and that this spirit is coming to get you. God speed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Picture probably just fell off the wall itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Traze

Peist2007 wrote: »
    I reckon you're screwed ArmaghBoy and that this spirit is coming to get you. God speed

Aw sure that was a great reply you gave there peist2007, "not"
    can i remind people that we are here to help people with any quires they may have, we are Not here to be making fun of them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

This is clearly a poltergeist.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

dlofnep wrote: »
    Picture probably just fell off the wall itself.
    I agree. It's very probable that after years of hanging on the wall the string holding the picture snapped/worked itself free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

kylith wrote: »
    I agree. It's very probable that after years of hanging on the wall the string holding the picture snapped/worked itself free.
    Agreed. The room being cold could have been caused by the small breeze gradually cooling the room over the evening as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

I agree. Can't fathom (no offense OP) why a picture falling off a wall means a poltergiest.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Ticktactoe

I never say yes or no in situations like these. I tend to keep them in mind and see if patterns emerge or new occurances happen.
    If it is a spirit/ghost or poltergist and is making an attempt to get your attention.... dont worry because eventually you will not be second guessing yourself - you will know. I dont mean that in a bad or scary sense I mean that if they want to let you know they are around, they will.

Just keep an open mind when things happen around the house and even away from the house. It maybe nothing... it maybe something. Keep us updated!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

If you look at the Cardiff poltergiest and so on, one of the most interesting things about poltergiest activity is it happens a lot when you are ignoring it and turn your back on it. So if you think you have a poltergiest case, do that and talk about something different in that room/area and you might pick up something (if you have a camera in the room).

Advertisement