Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What will I get in grants

Options
  • 10-04-2010 12:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Ok guys got different question for ye, I was at the social welfare office and they told me I would get the BETA, so thats 196 euro a week with 500 euro at the start of the year for books. Will I get a grant for reg fees etc? And will I get anything from them to help with rent etc?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 onthehorizon

You will get your course fees paid as long as you havent already gone to uni before etc.

However you won't be entitled to a maintenance grant as you are recieveing BTEA which means no extra money at all. You will recieve payment for your registration fee but be warned you will have to front up the money first to the college and will recieve the money back at a later time, this can take up to 6 months to come through.

As for rent I am assuming you will have to find out if you are eligeable for rent allowance to get any help there.

Hope that helps

Advertisement