Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tv buzz related to picture tv

• 10-04-2010 12:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭

Having just moved into a new apartment i have had to get used to a new tv set up. This is fine but there is a distinct buzz from the tv when the volume is above a certain level (not particularly high). After some investigation it seems the buzzing is louder when the picture is more white and less loud when it's more dark, eg when the picture is white it's loudest, and then when it's dark it's least loud. The problem is the same when whatever is playing is paused so i'm lead to believe it's an issue related to the tv. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

its probably the electrical components working overtime. tvs use more power when theres a brighter, moving picture than when theres a darker, slower image. if the room is very echo-y (painted walls, wooden floors etc) this can amplify these noises. sometimes placement of the tv can effect it as well eg if the the tv is in a corner the sound can echo even more. i've had the problem in the bedroom with a tv, so i put a towel under the tv to try dampen the sounds. other than that i dont think theres a whole heap of solutions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

So is the problem just a low quality tv with sub standard components?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,469 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

abcdggs wrote: »
    Having just moved into a new apartment i have had to get used to a new tv set up. This is fine but there is a distinct buzz from the tv when the volume is above a certain level (not particularly high). After some investigation it seems the buzzing is louder when the picture is more white and less loud when it's more dark, eg when the picture is white it's loudest, and then when it's dark it's least loud. The problem is the same when whatever is playing is paused so i'm lead to believe it's an issue related to the tv. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks

ABC,

(declared interest 1st - I sell TV & Hi-Fi)

Big_Moe is pretty much on the spot - this is an issue we find frequently across some brands on flat TV's - basically it's not just an issue of sub-standard components - it's more that it's physically difficult to get decent audio out of tiny drive units - especially if they are not housed in a decent sized cavity - and that's the environment that most newish flatscreen TV's now offer - and unfortunately in our experience this issue is becoming more critical with the latest ranges which are even slimmer than last years.

BM gave excellent advice - It's really just - turn it down or try to dampen the cabinet somehow - or better still add some external speakers or a proper AV system (if you get one you will never go back!)

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Advertisement