Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone to be available on 3 / Meteor

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

That Meteor offer with free internet will be my lifesaver if true. The 99c a day on O2 is killing my credit at the moment. I now 50MBs for one day is quite a lot but I never use anywhere near that amount, I just want it for quick email/facebook/twitter checks and I still end up paying 99c pretty much every day.

Meteor is the only network I've never been with before, what's their 3G coverage like?

Edit: Ah feck, didn't realise you can't use this in conjunction with free texts to all networks, just free texts to Meteor, and that's no use to me really.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Their 3G coverage in the main urban areas seems to be fine but may have problems indoors depending on location. Pretty sparse coverage in rural areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Chriscl1

Rang meteor today. Woman confirmed that some business users had recieved iphones. I asked for one but no joy boooo!

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swampy353

Got a call from 3 this morning. Have been offered an upgrade to 32gb iphone 3gs (black) 18 month contract e229 on relax 350. 1gb of free data for length of contract and double units for 6 months. 2 days lead time on delivery, so am expecting it on Thurs

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

swampy353 wrote: »
    Got a call from 3 this morning. Have been offered an upgrade to 32gb iphone 3gs (black) 18 month contract e229 on relax 350. 1gb of free data for length of contract and double units for 6 months. 2 days lead time on delivery, so am expecting it on Thurs

Did they call you and offer it ?

• Advertisement

Did they call you and offer it ?

No rang them yesterday. Takes them a day to confirm that they will send it out. My contract isnt due to be up until Sept so if ur past the 6 month mark they seem to be happy to upgrade people

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭donkey balls

No rang them yesterday. Takes them a day to confirm that they will send it out. My contract isnt due to be up until Sept so if ur past the 6 month mark they seem to be happy to upgrade people

my contract is also up in september and i was told that i would have to wait till then to get the upgrade if i wanted an i phone

my contract is also up in september and i was told that i would have to wait till then to get the upgrade if i wanted an i phone

I have been with them since the start, so that could have something to do with it. The tact I took was to say that my phone was banjaxed (the charging port is dodgy n97) and they said that I would upgrade.
    Might be worth chancing your arm, but if someone tells you that they will give you an early upgrade, make sure that you get their name and ask them to put a note on your account to back it up.
    Think there is a fair amount of discretion in the sales dept

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭donkey balls

I have been with them since the start, so that could have something to do with it. The tact I took was to say that my phone was banjaxed (the charging port is dodgy n97) and they said that I would upgrade.
    Might be worth chancing your arm, but if someone tells you that they will give you an early upgrade, make sure that you get their name and ask them to put a note on your account to back it up.
    Think there is a fair amount of discretion in the sales dept

the sales team (up grades) since they have moved to waterford are great to deal with, i managed to get my n97 off them last year for about 100e plus a months line rental this will be my third year with them.

the sales team (up grades) since they have moved to waterford are great to deal with, i managed to get my n97 off them last year for about 100e plus a months line rental this will be my third year with them.

Would just keep trying give them a sob story bout the n97 been crap. Will repost when I get the phone, let u know if there is anything you need to look out for

• Advertisement

Got my iPhone today, it's seems to be totally unbranded and sim free. It's an italian phone(well the box is in Italian)

Advertisement