Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Montpelier Hill Dublin 7

Options
  • 10-04-2010 1:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi
    I am looking at apartments in Montepellier Hill area and am looking for some advice. I really like how close its to the park and to town.

What is the area like given its proximety to O'Deaveny Gardens?

I will have to park on street is there a lot of car crime in the area?

Does anyone know what the parking situation is on the street?

Does anyone know what the large industrail bulding on the street are?

Is there anything else I should be concerned about.?

thanks Alan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

I lived there for two years although this was in the early 2000s.

The area was safe enough for the North Inner City. No problems from O'Deveny (although this might be an issue for Montpelier Gardens/Park). There is a significant amount of street prostitution in the area, which does create hassle for local women and also results in the odd discarded condom or syringe so if you have young children you might want to look elsewhere.

I've never had a car, I'd be surprised if there weren't some problems with break-ins but I never heard of this being a particularly big issue for the area.

I did think the area was a bit lacking in local amenities, there are a few local shops but they aren't great and at the time anyway there was no pharmacy, cleaner's, or a convenience store that had late hours (I think there is a Centra or something on Parkgate Street now, though). I eventually moved out of the area for this reason.

On the plus side it is, as you've said, very central and easily accessible to town so you could definitely do worse.

Advertisement