Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Birthday Stuff around Galway?

Options
  • 10-04-2010 1:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭

Just wondering which places offer free stuff on your birthday? Have mine this week -think Fibbers do a free bottle of Champagne? Cuba is free in?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Are ya serious? In the middle of a recession and you want business's you don't normally use and probably won't be back to, to give you free stuff.... Seriously?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

Are ya serious? In the middle of a recession and you want business's you don't normally use and probably won't be back to, to give you free stuff.... Seriously?

Lol, some late night morals there from fergiesfolly!:pac:

The thing is many places offer free admission, or free party food if you rent a room and guarantee a crowd in, they make their profit from the drink the crowd buys.
    I would imagine that is the best bet, organise a party and try to get some free party food, the cottage bar for example do this, as does the oslo, and I think fagans in eyre square.
    Don't rely on the clubs letting you in free though, they sometimes change their minds when they see a group of langered lads/lassies strolling up.
    Happy birthday...and don't mind the recession for one night if you can help it! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭duckygalway

Seriously?

Yes.

My morals tend to be the same, regardless of the hour of the day. I have no problem with people who do a deal in a pub/club for freebies, as you said, they'll make it back at the bar. But I have seen people (usually women) who blag free entry or a drink and then feck off to the next place to try their luck there. From your original post,you sounded like the latter. Apologies if I'm wrong. Oh...and Happy Birthday!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

Most places will offer free finger food. Well except the dail.. They wanted €35 per platter of food when I recently rang them about an ad they had in paper offering free food and a free birthday cake :rolleyes:.. so steered clear of them!
    I ended up booking buskers in the end.. The finger food was delish and they gave us loads.. Too much in fact!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Yeah, you're right. It's a recession so me and all my friends will just stay home.

YES of course a business should offer some concession in order to attract customers.

if you read my full post, you would see I have no problem with anyone getting a good deal with however many freebies they can get. Its the girl that walks in off the street, blags a free drink and leaves,that bugs me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭duckygalway

if you read my full post, you would see I have no problem with anyone getting a good deal with however many freebies they can get. Its the girl that walks in off the street, blags a free drink and leaves,that bugs me.

I'm guessing you bought the drink?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 SUMojoJojo

Mustard in the Bridge Mills had a poster up saying they do a free meal for your birthday. Not sure of any Ts&Cs.

We used to sometimes pretend it was someones birthday in restaurants and bars to see if we got any free stuff by singing Happy Birthday etc. Once we got a round of free cocktails. Another time we got a cookie with a candle..not as good a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

If youre a GPO member you get a free bottle of Champagne on your birthday

EDIT: Two bottles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭hairyleprechaun

dmcg90 wrote: »
    If youre a GPO member you get a free bottle of Champagne on your birthday

EDIT: Two bottles

I only got one as far as I can remember but that was 3 years ago!
    I do like free stuff though so I wasn't complaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Clemon

Settle down

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭cafecolour

Just tell everyone that it's your birthday and see how many shots/pints you get ;)

Advertisement