Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are there any schools or teachings available in Dublin?

• 10-04-2010 1:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

Salam.

I'm looking to enrol my young sons and daughters.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭irishconvert

Salam.

Walaikum Asalaam,

How old are your son and daugher? Can you be more specific with your question?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭MuhammadUmar

1. Southside of Dublin: Clonskeigh Mosque

2. City Centre : Dublin Moque South Circular Road

3. North side: Al-Mustafa Islamic Cultural Centre Blanchardstown

There are other small centers also where there is a weekend islamic school for children.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

Salam.

It's pathetic how parents want their children to be educated in a religious institution. How backward is that? Fair enough believing in some prophet who ascended into heaven on a white horse or whatever, but sending your children to a religious school is just horrible to think about. How can a child develop a partial view of the world if their mind was shaped by theological thinking from a young age?

Given that your children are young, they're hardly capable of making a well informed decision regards where they want to be taught.

As im utterly bewildered with the idea of parents sending their kids to religious schools, I'd like if you explained why you feel your kids should attend this institution? Should education and religion not be seperate? Perhaps faith is not a personal thing in your eyes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

It's pathetic how parents want their children to be educated in a religious institution. How backward is that? Fair enough believing in some prophet who ascended into heaven on a white horse or whatever, but sending your children to a religious school is just horrible to think about. How can a child develop a partial view of the world if their mind was shaped by theological thinking from a young age?

Given that your children are young, they're hardly capable of making a well informed decision regards where they want to be taught.

As im utterly bewildered with the idea of parents sending their kids to religious schools, I'd like if you explained why you feel your kids should attend this institution? Should education and religion not be seperate? Perhaps faith is not a personal thing in your eyes?

The OP can send their children to whatever school they want

The OP does not have to defend their decision here

This thread was set up so that the OP could get information, they do not have to defend themselves here

If you want a discussion on why people of faith want to send their children to schools of faith I suggest you set up a thread in the humanities forum, it isn't something specific to this forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

I must have forgoten that religion isnt up for discussion.

What was I thinking....

Also, this is not an attack in case your trying to make it out to be one. As you can see, ive asked plenty of questions.

Basically, your telling me that there cannot by any discussion about people sending their children to islamic schools in the islamic forums. What exactly can we talk about?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Also, this is not an attack in case your trying to make it out to be one. As you can see, ive asked plenty of questions.

You did ask questions, you were also aggressive in the manner of your post with the bits I have highlighted, it was borderline in my eyes but I gave you the benefit of the doubt
    Basically, your telling me that there cannot by any discussion about people sending their children to islamic schools in the islamic forums. What exactly can we talk about?

No I percieved your questions to be more general than specific to Islam, they could apply to any schools of faith which is why I directed you to the humanities forum

If you want to start a thread about the reasons for sending children to Islamic
    schools you are more than welcome but it is off topic for this thread as it isn't what the OP wanted to discuss

Any further questioning of motives in this thread will be deleted and the posters banned

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Freemasonry

Walaikum Asalaam,

How old are your son and daugher? Can you be more specific with your question?

My oldest is 16 (boy) and my 2 youngest are 6 and 10 (both girls)

Also, this is soley and comepltely their choice. The oldest came upto me a few weeks ago and said "Look Dad, I want to be a better Muslim. I seen some documentaries that moved me in so many ways. I need you to help me learn and guide me to a better life as a Muslim"

I was surprised, the 2 youngest both said they are willing to go, not sure weather that was the sons idea or not but whatever. I am a happy man. He is doing something that I was too lazy too do.

Advertisement