Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transferring rent allowance

Options
  • 10-04-2010 7:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi there, quick q bout rent allowance. Lost my job in oct 09, started getting rent allowance in january, looks like i'll have to move to a house in the same area as the one im in end o april 2010.
    If my new landlord accepts RA, and the rent is the same, is there any problem with transferring the RA to a new house? Guy i lived with got refused because he was already on the dole when he moved in, will this happen to me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,364 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It shouldn't be a problem, but asking beforehand would be useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I had to move in November because of flooding; I simply informed the Community Welfare officer of the move.

All the paperwork again of course and a home visit.

But no problem; I am on retirement pension and that had been so all the while I have had the allowance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Jenn15

no this happened to me a few months ago its a fresh claim you need to fill in all the forms you filled in last time

Advertisement