Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shrub leaves turning brown, Help!

Options
  • 10-04-2010 9:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

I have a Ceanothus Shrub, planted last year, and it flowered well.

Have recently noticed that the tip and edges of the leaves including new ones are turning brown. Any ideas or suggestions welcome.

It is in clay soil but I did dig in plenty of compost at time of planting

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Ceanothus do not like cold weather and wet heavy soils, both of which you've had over the past winter. Like a lot of plants at the moment, all you can do is wait and see.
    If it recovers and it is still quite small, you could move it to a more sheltered spot in Autumn but dig plenty of grit into the soil.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

C Eng wrote: »

Have recently noticed that the tip and edges of the leaves including new ones are turning brown. Any ideas or suggestions welcome.

Suspect it is dying.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

C Eng wrote: »

Mine is doing the same thing but I didn't know what the shrub was called until I read this post, we pruned it today so we'll see what happens.

Advertisement