Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best meet up ever.

Options
  • 10-04-2010 9:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭

I'd like to throw a big shout out to everyone who braved the sea of social paranoia and turned up last night.

Our meet would put one of the Dublin meets to shame.

So many people turned up I didn't get a chance to talk to all of you :(

Bring on the next one !

ps. thank me!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

It was awesome! And everyone who turned up was lovely. And no creepy guys in the corner staring at us, so all around a complete success!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Indeed it should be deemed a roaring success! Also hate the fact I didnt get to chat to everyone, next time for sure we will have a bell and ding! Everyone change seats:-D Fair play to everyone to turned up and made it great fun.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Xiney wrote: »
    And no creepy guys in the corner staring at us, so all around a complete success!

eyes.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

It was awesome! And everyone who turned up was lovely. And no creepy guys in the corner staring at us, so all around a complete success!

Sorry, I was busy last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,492 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

They were discuised as women

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Pk10

'morning all

This is kay. Great meet last night so thanks to all for turning up. Everyone was just lovely.

Lady P-thanks for organising, we def need the bell next time.
    I didn't get to chat you but hear that you are off to London soon. Just back from there myself so If I can help with info etc, just pm me.

Swimmers-you know who you are!-lets see if we can get something organised.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭galwaybabe

Wish I could have made it. Sounds great!

I'm always in this forum and didn't even know about this... Trust me, if I had went, your nights would have been just that bit more fun.

I'm always in this forum and didn't even know about this... Trust me, if I had went, your nights would have been just that bit more fun.

How did you NOT know, we had it as a sticky, a thread, here and in the Ladies Lounge and it was mentioned various other threads :) ?
    Anyways, next one ye can all come :)

I really don't know... Just just skipped past it every time.
    Couldn't have went anyway but would have sent a life size cardboard cutout of me just for effect.

• Advertisement

I really don't know... Just just skipped past it every time.
    Couldn't have went anyway but would have sent a life size cardboard cutout of me just for effect.

Next time :) It was really turned out well, we were worried it would be quiet and awkward (I regretted booking a large table as soon as I went in) but then we were pushed for space at the end. Roll on the next one I say!!

Just seen the sticky for the first time there.. Cottage is great for things like that, we had a work party in there before and it was really good.

Any scandel from the night?

Just seen the sticky for the first time there.. Cottage is great for things like that, we had a work party in there before and it was really good.

Any scandel from the night?

Plenty!!! :D:D Twould be telling.

For Mikom: Chance turned up, and damn was she hawt!!

Chance turned up, and damn was she hawt!!

Now I feel like I missed out even more... :o:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

For Mikom: Chance turned up, and damn was she hawt!!

A night out left to chance is often the most enjoyable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Glad last night was such a success! trust my luck to move to Dublin and theres an epic Galway Ladies beers! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭hyperbaby

It was great to meet everyone...
    we'll have to do rotating chairs in order to get to talk to everyone next time.
    I got breathalysed on the way home though...:eek:
    had one drink so was a wee bit stressed about it to say the least...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Plenty!!! :D:D Twould be telling.

Remember when we were talking about , well, let's just call them, uh, Mr. X and Mrs. Y. So anyway, Mr. X would say, 'Marge, if this doesn't get your motor running, my name isn't Homer J. Simpson.'

I've said too much !:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭brainyneuron

Great meeting all you fabulous ladies last night! :D:D Had some great chats, sorry to those I didn't get to chat to, we'll definitely have to do rotating chairs next time! xx

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭geekychick

It was a great night out for me, so thank you Lady Pennyworth for organising it :) Hope to see ye all again, and next time, I may even be so proactive as to go and meet all the people sitting at the opposite side of the table! :D

Hyperbaby, sorry to hear you were breathalised. But it went ok?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

hyperbaby wrote: »
    I got breathalysed on the way home though...:eek:
    had one drink so was a wee bit stressed about it to say the least...

:eek::eek:

Where were they stopping people??!

Glad ye had a good night ladies; hopefully I can make the next one :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Carolyyn

Pk10 wrote: »
    'morning all

This is kay. Great meet last night so thanks to all for turning up. Everyone was just lovely.

Lady P-thanks for organising, we def need the bell next time.
    I didn't get to chat you but hear that you are off to London soon. Just back from there myself so If I can help with info etc, just pm me.

Swimmers-you know who you are!-lets see if we can get something organised.

Hi Guys,
    Great to meet everyone on Friday and I second everything said so far, it was a really great meet-up!!. Many thanks again to Lady P and best of luck in the big move in the coming weeks. You'll really be missed but you might be able to get over for our next meet-up. I am one of the aforementioned would-be swimmers and would love a PM about organising the lessons :):)
    Already looking forward to the next one.

C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭nimhbal

Hi guys, thanks so much for a brill night, so many great people. Idea of revolving chairs is excellent - so many people, so little time!! :D

This one time, at a boards ladies meet up..:) Let's do another! Prob have to reserve the whole bar next time with the increasing interest in these meet ups...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

about 5 people have suggested rotating chairs...ummm what were you guys doing-speed-dating???

have any of youz stumbled across the revolutionary thought that rotating chairs isn't necessary and you could, you know, (and i don't want to go too far here or suggest something beyond human capability), MOVE!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

donfers wrote: »
    about 5 people have suggested rotating chairs...ummm what were you guys doing-speed-dating???

have any of youz stumbled across the revolutionary thought that rotating chairs isn't necessary and you could, you know, (and i don't want to go too far here or suggest something beyond human capability), MOVE!!!!!
    Sometimes you get engrossed in conversation with a few people, so lose track of time or whatever!

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭hyperbaby

:eek::eek:

Where were they stopping people??!

Glad ye had a good night ladies; hopefully I can make the next one :)

On Merchants Road, the feckers!

Yeah it went okay but i was sweating for a few seconds...

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Dutchess

Glad it went so well!:) I wasn't really up for it on the night itself but the feedback bodes well for a next time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

hyperbaby wrote: »
    On Merchants Road, the feckers!

Yeah it went okay but i was sweating for a few seconds...

I drove by Merchants road and there was nothing exciting going on. What time was this at?

I love getting breathilized !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

How about we do another... say Friday May 7? (Weekend after the bank holiday)

Advertisement