Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best meet up ever.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

hyperbaby wrote: »
    i have completely forgotten the username/name of the girl that i recognised from the creative writing class.
    sorry... :confused:

Was it Christine/Xiney ?

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭hyperbaby

nope, she had long black/wavy hair.

were you did the girl from dublin who was talking about her dogs?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

That must be Trish!

were you did the girl from dublin who was talking about her dogs?

Yep !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

spender.j wrote: »
    It happened, picked up my gf after 12...
    you let your girlfriend out of her cage?
    facepalm.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Xiney wrote: »
    I'd be ready for balinasloe if I didn't, in fairness.

What's that about Ballinasloe?? :p

lol, you've just reminded me how rude I was for not asking what ward you're from ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭brainyneuron

So maybe we need to write out who was there and where they were sitting! I was sitting with my back to the bar/main door with Orla on my right, and the other Orla-not sure of her username (Kerry teacher) on my left. Xiney was opposite me and Lady P opposite one seat up to the right (opp Orla). Is it Spadina/hyperbaby thats living in ballinalsoe? (Sitting next to Dub Orla on my right). Didn't get to talk to the girls at the top of the table, just to say hi and bye at the end! Sorry!
    Is it geekychick that i was talking to about the Musical? Or is that Pk?
    :D:D

Let me get one thing straight, I am not from Ballinasloe, I merely live here! :p And Xiney funny you should mention which ward I'm from, my boyfriend is a Ward so I could one day be one :eek:

Yep I was sitting next to Orla with Carolyyn to my right until I clearly bored her and she moved down the other end :) Terribly sorry I didn't get to talk to everyone, for the last hour I was swearing I must leave so stayed in one spot.

So maybe we need to write out who was there and where they were sitting! I was sitting with my back to the bar/main door with Orla on my right, and the other Orla-not sure of her username (Kerry teacher) on my left. Xiney was opposite me and Lady P opposite one seat up to the right (opp Orla). Is it Spadina/hyperbaby thats living in ballinalsoe? (Sitting next to Dub Orla on my right). Didn't get to talk to the girls at the top of the table, just to say hi and bye at the end! Sorry!
    Is it geekychick that i was talking to about the Musical? Or is that Pk?
    :D:D

Haha I was the only Orla. The girl to your left was Niamh !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭brainyneuron

Oops! :D Sorry to Niamh for that! What is her user name tho?
    Like the new user name Orls, did u have to pay for it? I've totally gotta change my name too-v lame! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Carolyyn

Spadina wrote: »
    Let me get one thing straight, I am not from Ballinasloe, I merely live here! :p And Xiney funny you should mention which ward I'm from, my boyfriend is a Ward so I could one day be one :eek:

Yep I was sitting next to Orla with Carolyyn to my right until I clearly bored her and she moved down the other end :) Terribly sorry I didn't get to talk to everyone, for the last hour I was swearing I must leave so stayed in one spot.

Thanks everyone for establishing the IDs of those I'd forgotten... Spadina had forgotten yours and it was wrecking my head!. I went down the other end of the table cos I'm just plain nosy and had to find out what was going on there as well :D
    Really looking forward to the bowling, hope we get as good a turn out.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Oops! :D Sorry to Niamh for that! What is her user name tho?
    Like the new user name Orls, did u have to pay for it? I've totally gotta change my name too-v lame! :D

I think her name was Nimhbal?? There is still one girl I cannot place, she was siting between Xiney and Kay??

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭dekbhoy

God im shocked ...... never knew boards did Swinger weekends...... not in to the lifestyle myself as happily married ,so not envious i missed it:D

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭geekychick

Hi Lady P, (and whoever else can't quite place me :))

I was sitting between hyperbaby and Carolyyn for most of the night, deffo spoke with you Lady P, easiest way to remember me is by my grating East-european accent :D! Long hair, black top.

I'm not great for bowling I'm afraid, but I hope there will be another occasion like The Cottage soon, had a great time so I'm sure I'll see ye again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Pk10

I think her name was Nimhbal?? There is still one girl I cannot place, she was siting between Xiney and Kay??
    That was Ellen but not sure what her username is, the fun continues!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

geekychick wrote: »
    Hi Lady P, (and whoever else can't quite place me :))

I was sitting between hyperbaby and Carolyyn for most of the night, deffo spoke with you Lady P, easiest way to remember me is by my grating East-european accent :D! Long hair, black top.

I'm not great for bowling I'm afraid, but I hope there will be another occasion like The Cottage soon, had a great time so I'm sure I'll see ye again!

Of course, I just kept thinking your username was your real name so never thought you were geekychick!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 MagicM83

I would be up for another meet up but might skip the bowling part - maybe geekychick and I could go straight to the pub;) haha.

If patricia / trish is on here can u PM me your username as still completely confused !

P.S. ITS FRIDAY!!! plans for wkend? xx

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭hyperbaby

Going to a hen party in Athlone! woooo!!! :D

What about you?

Weekend is full of plans, despite my best efforts ;)

I have a wedding tomorrow and dogathon + rugby sunday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭geekychick

Going to Funky Seomra Sat nite, and cinema Sunday - that's more "plans" than I've had for a weekend in quite a while, tbh! :D

Anyone want to come along to Funky Seomra (non-alcoholic clubbing and other similar activities - it is only here every once in a while on a loan from Dublin, if I understand correctly), let me know!

The best pub in town is reopening after the floods, yay! Will pop down there for a few drinks tomorrow night, then going to go to Claregalway Market on Sunday and get some yummy poffertjes, then take pictures of cuite lambs frolicking in the fields, and cuddle up with my boyf and watch dvd's :)

Nothing amazing really but still recovering from the shock of a pikey party last weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭satcie101

This is Trish. Sorry so late replying to this thread. I had a great night, a lovely bunch of girls. I would defo love to meet up again. I'm not much of a bowler though but don't mind keeping seats warm for ye in the pub until ye are finished :D

BTW Geekychick it was me who was in your creative writing class.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭satcie101

Sorry got that wrong geekychick :eek: I meant Hyperbaby it was me (Trish) that was in your creative writing class.

I am worn OUT.

dogathon was great fun & had a lovely time, dog is completely out of it with pure happiness at having met like, 200 dogs.

unfortunately standing still (and tense!) at the rugby for 2 hours following the big long walk has turned my legs into implements of pain. ow ow ow

Dogathon?? Sounds awesome :(

It WAS awesome. 150 - 200 dogs, best dressed dog competition (greyhounds with 80s style sweatshirts and legwarmers won), doggy swag, all in aid of COPE. Brilliant day for it too.

It's an annual event, you can come next year!

Aw man me and Poppy would have loved that! And I've been sitting here bored off my face all day, I'm so mad now! Dammit, I hear nothing in this stoopid town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭nimhbal

Yup that was me beside Orla!!! Obv real name Niamh!! Was a gr8 night, wld love to join the next one but unfort won't be round:( Stuck doing assignments at mo doing my head in, so having to limit my computer time!! By the way, Love the new title Orla:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39 MagicM83

Haha - dogathon!? Never heard of those before sounds fun!

Not sure if any of you girls would fancy it but I've just signed myself up for the 10k women's mini marathon on 27th June:
    http://www.runireland.com/events/2010-06-27/womens-mini-marathon-galway

It basically goes down the prob and a loop in salthill.

I cannot run AT ALL and am pretty unfit, so this is an aim, and can always walk it if finding it too hard.

Let me know if any of you fancy it, I will be starting "training" soon :D

Also, there's another thread for Boards meet up on 21st May ( I think ) taking votes now on where to go - so if you fancy that give it a vote :
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055884791

Advertisement