Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

batteries for Canon Speedlite 580EX II

• 10-04-2010 11:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭

hey all,

just purchased one of these yesterday and looking for the best rechargable batteries for it? either online or offline. using standard batteries at the moment as i'm getting to grips with it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Sanyo Eneloops are by far the best batteries for the flashgun.

They can be found online or Conns cameras sell them too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Enloops hold their charge long but for just charged batteries I use Uniross 2700mha ones, I dont get as much out of the enloops

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭VisionaryP

Duracell 2700 have been excellent for me. Get them in Argos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

One thing to watch out for with rechargeable in flashes is the voltage output.
    Most flashes will not flash at the right level using rechargables because they are designed for the 1.5V put out by a AA lead-acid or alkaline battery cell.

Most rechargeables only put out 1.25V, and if you multiply that 0.25 volt deficiency by the 4 batteries in a flash..that's a full volt of "missing" intensity available for the flash. This might put your auto-exposure system off by a bit since it has to rely on prediction of the output of the flash, so you'll probably end up with your exposures being a bit dark.

Check the manual for your flashgun & make sure it's designed to be able to use rechargeables. If it has a reccomendation.. check the specs on the reccomended battery(ies) and get something that matches them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

www.7dayshop.com have 2900ma and are superb. I use 2800 in my 2 SB600 flash guns for past 2 years and they are great also. Just recently got 8 of the 2900

Advertisement