Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

C&C - Abandoned...

• 10-04-2010 11:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭

I was hoping to get some feedback on this one, both on the technical side and on, I suppose, the emotive side:

4C582D82688B4746840D582C7C69844D-500.jpg

Does it work?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭DotOrg

it works but i'd change a few things, on my screen it's slightly too dark. alos, i'd have got a little lower and got the base of the bowl in the shot too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

I really like this shot. Very good lighting and contrast.

Only small thing is repeating what Dotorg said about taking the shot from a lower perspective.

But I do like what you've done. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

The missing eye in the shadow distracts me....

cat.jpg

;) (hope ya don't mind, I can take offline if you want)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭K_user

it works but i'd change a few things, on my screen it's slightly too dark. alos, i'd have got a little lower and got the base of the bowl in the shot too
    I really like this shot. Very good lighting and contrast.

Only small thing is repeating what Dotorg said about taking the shot from a lower perspective.

But I do like what you've done. :)
    Thanks guys. I was going for a low light effect, with decent contrast.
    And I was lying on the floor which is about as low as you can get, but given the temperament of the Cat I had to shoot fast without too much movement. Meaning a distraction right in front of the bowl had to be cropped out.
    The missing eye in the shadow distracts me....

(hope ya don't mind, I can take offline if you want)
    Very nicely done, nice piece of PP'ing.

But...its going slightly away from what I was aiming at.

I had to work to get that shadow to cover the eye, or at least the eye socket. Unfortunately poor Nelson, the cat, hasn't had an easy life and at some stage he lost one eye. He currently lives in an animal shelter and I tried to tell his story with this shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

K_user wrote: »
    I had to work to get that shadow to cover the eye, or at least the eye socket. Unfortunately poor Nelson, the cat, hasn't had an easy life and at some stage he lost one eye. He currently lives in an animal shelter and I tried to tell his story with this shot.

Oh... I feel bad now! Sorry I thought it was just the shadow!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

Must...not...caption...

Also, adorable Tortie. I'd adopt her if I could.

foto joe wrote: »
    Oh... I feel bad now! Sorry I thought it was just the shadow!
    Don't! I asked for C&C and you were giving it - the cats previous life hasn't nothing to do with that :D

Fenster wrote: »
    Must...not...caption...
    Caption away! :p
    Fenster wrote: »
    Also, adorable Tortie. I'd adopt her if I could.
    Adorable...adopt...aaahhhmmmm...no!

Even the handler had to protect her hand before going near him.
    Not that I blame the cat, he's only reacting to what life has taught him.

Advertisement