Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Connect to Gmail account

Options
  • 10-04-2010 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭

Hi

Need some advice on how to connect my ucd mail to gmail - I just cant seem to get the settings right.

Its asking for my POP username and POP server. It is coming up mail.ucdconnect.ie Port: 110 SSL off

I have changed the settings around but having no joy - where am I going wrong??!

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Mimojo

betafrog wrote: »
    I just enabled mail forwarding in UCD Connect and set up to forward to my gmail account.. Much easier way of doing it.

Cheers, this is a lot handier! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭deco1610

betafrog wrote: »
    I just enabled mail forwarding in UCD Connect and set up to forward to my gmail account.. Much easier way of doing it.

Wow, I've been trying for weeks to set up UCD mail on my iphone. How would this work in relation to mail fetching?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

The settings for UCD mail on your phone are a bit tricky... you need to enable SMTP authentication and put in your UCD Connect details.

Much better to forward it to GMail though, interface is miles better.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,010 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I got it working using server name studentmail.ucd.ie port 110, just my student number as the login name. That was about it.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

Advertisement