Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Public gatherings?

Options
  • 28-11-2004 12:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭

I was just wondering...are there any public gatherings around the time of the festivals eg. Samhain etc where Wicaans can come together and celebrate and do a ritual? I have heard of these gatherings happening in other countries around the sacred sites but never in Ireland. Are there any?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

There are a few from time to time run by various people. I've been away from boards for a while (busy, busy) but I'll try to post notices about any I hear about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Ro_79

That would be great if you could...

I greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Blessings,
    Ro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

there are two events of the year so far

castle pook runs a weekend and thereis also witchfest but dates for 2005 are not yet up.

http://www.witchfest.net/locals/ireland.htm
    http://www.castlepook.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Well, just a moot rather than a celebration or ritual, but I've put an announcement up about the moot in Roscommon tonight and I'll try to keep such notices up to date (hopefully a few days rather than a few hours ahead of time).
    For those who don't know a moot is a meeting open to people from any Pagan path, or who just have an interest. They aren't restricted to any particular path or tradition and they generally don't have much in the way of heavy ritual (though a relatively ecumenical opening and closing is common). Generally the discussions are interesting and the craic in the pub afterwards is good.

Advertisement