Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LG Blu-Ray Player €64 - Currys

• 10-04-2010 12:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭

Saw about 5 of them in Currys on william st. in Limerick yesterday

Dont know what model number it is

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

NTMK wrote: »
    Saw about 5 of them in Currys on william st. in Limerick yesterday

Dont know what model number it is

Any idea if these are available in Cork, anyone? Although from reading through Currys threads here, this store in Limerick seems to have all the bargains:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭!MAVERICK!

Dont buy LG they are useless, I got a Sony BDP-S363 Blu-Ray Player and 5 free blu rays for 149.99 in Xtra vision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

well their tv's are very good so couldnt see why their blu-ray players wouldnt be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

glic83 wrote: »
    well their tv's are very good so couldnt see why their blu-ray players wouldnt be

Unfortunately that assumption doesn't work very well when it comes to companies, especially those who sell electronics.

Samsung make excellent LCD TVs, but some of their Blu-ray players aren't great, e.g. Samsung BD-P1580, BD-P1600. While I have no experience or knowledge with LG Blu-ray players, I'd still recommend finding out the model number and checking out some reviews before spending any money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Rang Sligo and they didn't know of the offer!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

They seem to have random offers everywhere there is completely different offers in the currys at the parkway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Weren't some of the LG players blu-ray and HD in one, maybe the reason they are reduced?

Davy wrote: »
    Weren't some of the LG players blu-ray and HD in one, maybe the reason they are reduced?

They were, specifically the LG BH100 and BH200, and were released back in 2007. It would be interesting if either of those players were the ones on sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

sounds like a very good deal no matter how basic they are,
    I'll have a look out in mahon tomorrow to see if they've any

after postage works out around the same as those external usb blu-ray drives off ebay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ninty

Seem to be getting rid of older models, picked up Blu Ray Logik LBD 1000 for €50 in Swords last week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

The cost of manufacturing the laser diodes used to read the Bluray discs has come down an awful lot in the last 12 months and will continue to fall. Same thing that happened with DVD players. You will be able to pick up a Bluray player in Tesco/Dunnes for €30 by Christmas so hang tight a few more months if you can...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

ninty wrote: »
    Seem to be getting rid of older models, picked up Blu Ray Logik LBD 1000 for €50 in Swords last week

Was this in the Currys in Swords?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,590 ✭✭✭✭vectra

!MAVERICK! wrote: »
    Dont buy LG they are useless, I got a Sony BDP-S363 Blu-Ray Player and 5 free blu rays for 149.99 in Xtra vision.

I bought the LG dvd player in Xtravision with the free movies.. I simply cannot fault it.
    What problem did you have with your one?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Rsaeire wrote: »
    They were, specifically the LG BH100 and BH200, and were released back in 2007. It would be interesting if either of those players were the ones on sale.

Wouldnt be bad for €64 to have both options even if they are outdated.

Davy wrote: »
    Wouldnt be bad for €64 to have both options even if they are outdated.

I agree. An LG combo player would be ideal for someone like me with both HD formats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭TheGobb

vectra wrote: »
    I bought the LG dvd player in Xtravision with the free movies.. I simply cannot fault it.
    What problem did you have with your one?:confused:
    How much was it? I saw a philips BDP3000 for 100 euro, 200 in tesco?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

!MAVERICK! wrote: »

Well done. Go you.

LG are decent, the TV are good, but with all electrical purchases, get the model number and check out the reviews before you buy it.

Yes but doubt any left now.

Was this in the Currys in Swords?

Yes but doubt any left now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

This looks like a good alternative 90 euro plus delivery from ebuyer. It also plays MKV from a USB stick Link .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

Picked up an ex display Panasonic DMP-BD30 at the weekend in Mahon for €47

no remote or leads but I'd those spare

phoned the panasonic store in Limerick who can get me a new remote for €20,
    postage around €5 - pretty good considering thats the cost of a used one off ebay

Very pleased, I'd been buying blu rays for the past few weeks and was going to buy a ps3 next month so this has saved me a lot

Advertisement