Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returning an item to Argos when they dont have it anymore

Options
  • 10-04-2010 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

I bought a tv from Argos last year, and got their 3-year cover on it.
    It seems to have stopped working now though.

I checked their catalogue and they dont have the same model anymore. So if i go and return it, will they give me a different type, or just store credit?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

My mate got a dvd recorder once, it broke after ~10 months, by that time a newer better model was out of the same brand, but as they were so new when he got it the newer model was also cheaper. They gave him the new better model (old one not in stock like yours) and gave him the difference in price in tokens! think it was €30

This is why I continue to go to argos, just for their returns policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,515 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

sometimes they give the money back if it now discontinued, depends who you deal with in there

• Registered Users Posts: 27 daisy boo boo

Zigmund wrote: »
    I bought a tv from Argos last year, and got their 3-year cover on it.
    It seems to have stopped working now though.

I checked their catalogue and they dont have the same model anymore. So if i go and return it, will they give me a different type, or just store credit?
    hey i work for argos..you will get the newer model in stock or one to the value of original tv...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

In my experience Argos are the best retailer for returns, no quibbles if everything is in order. As above poster said you will get the newer or equivalent model.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭billybigunz

You wasted your money buying a 3 year guaruntee as it is already their in law. (not including putting the boot through the thing).

• Advertisement
Advertisement