Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

San Miguel 4 for €2 in Tesco

• 10-04-2010 1:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,179 ✭✭✭

Was just up in Tesco Ballybrack. Picked up 4X33cl San Miguels for €2. Not the world's greatest beer or anything, but damn cheap if you're looking to pick up some beers for the weekend.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭!MAVERICK!

Wouldnt consider that cheap at all. I get a pack of 30 San Miguels for a fiver in spain every year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

!MAVERICK! wrote: »
    Wouldnt consider that cheap at all. I get a pack of 30 San Miguels for a fiver in spain every year.

Key point there. You can go to almost any other country in europe and get beer significantly cheaper than here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,179 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭tim_holsters

Was just up in Tesco Ballybrack. Picked up 4X33cl San Miguels for €2. Not the world's greatest beer or anything, but damn cheap if you're looking to pick up some beers for the weekend.

Surely you should have got at least 8.

My point is not saying that beer is cheaper in the continent but what your paying is not even worth it, your thinking your getting good value but your actually not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,966 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Thats great as soon as ive paid for my plane ticket and accomadation i can start making those savings on the beer.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,602 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

My point is not saying that beer is cheaper in the continent but what your paying is not even worth it, your thinking your getting good value but your actually not.

where in Ireland can you get better value?

Thats great as soon as ive paid for my plane ticket and accomadation i can start making those savings on the beer.

Im sorry did you not read my last post?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Ah, san miguel :pac: Brings me back to teenage holidays where you could buy it from a vending machine :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,966 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Im sorry did you not read my last post?

I sure did it made less sense than your first one.

The OP is just letting us know you can get 4 bottles of beer for 2 euro tonight in Ireland. whether thats good value when compares to a different country where i cant buy beer for tonight is irrelavant.

You could reply the same to nearly every bargin alert. Now if you replied you can get 5 beers for 2 euro in this other irish shop then that would be a usefull post.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

mod snip-Blade

O.o

And yet you fly all the way to Spain just to drink it. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Quality beer at a quality price.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,343 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

mod snip-Blade

That's the second torrent of abuse you've unleashed at someone in the last couple of days. take a couple of weeks off the site and learn how to be civil to people or you'll find yourself permanently banned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,565 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

its not a bad beer and at that price it well worth it.doubt there is better value about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,168 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

is this offer in tesco in general ?

good offer by the way. even cheaper than the 24 stella for €15 in tesco

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

None/not on offer in Tesco Jervis center.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Ha.. reminds me of the time I was in Madrid and I always ask for the local beer.

So when I was in Brussels - I got to experience the wonderous Hoegaarden (before it was widely available here) and Leffe.

When I was Madrid, I got a massive glass of San Miguel!

Oh.. how new and.. exciting! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Nothing wrong with San Mig!
    I'm just peed off that Naas Tesco had none!
    Grrrrrrr!
    Thanks for the heads up OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,880 ✭✭✭RayCon

Great deal (forget MAVERICK - tool) ... unfortunately none left in Celbridge or Lucan (not that I was looking for it specifically - honestly !!!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

May I point something out that might be blinding obvious to me but..................................

The whole point of this forum is to point of where we can find "BARGAINS" and at the price point / VAT & Import Duty applied to alcohol we can all do well to update this forum as much as possible with anything we may find.

I lost my job and this forum has been invaluable for items like this.

Like my mother still says to this day

"If you have nothing good to say then say nothing at all"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,165 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

San Miguel is a decent beer and 50c a bottle is a fantastic price for any beer in Ireland. I'm sure I could go to cambodia and get beer for 10c a bottle, its not much use to me here and now though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭banchang

Sorry, still don't understand your point - yes, due to global pricing 'arrangements' I can get an ipod 30% cheaper in New York than I can buy it here. But thats completely irrelevant, unless you want to open a 'global comparators' thread, which might be an idea, but might not attract many hits.

If I can get a 10% discount on local relative pricing (regardless of what they charge for an ipod in Krygyztan) then I'm happy for an OP to alert our community.

Thank you.

Suggest you rethink your point Maverick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭Sr. Pirotecnic

30 x 33 cl for €5? Hmmm ... Where exactly did you buy them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

You'll be waiting a couple of weeks for a response!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Lads what is this beer comparable to, i remember having a glass of it in Spain when i was 16 but i was young and HATED beer at the time, My taste buds have now changed and i currently have 10 in my basket at tesco.ie Wondering if i should proceed or not :D

• Subscribers Posts: 16,602 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

it's a bit like stella or something. not great but well worth a taste

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

It's a real easy beer to drink. I don't drink beer usually but when I was in the Philippines it was the local beer there and I have to say I rather liked it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Stryderman

Not in Tesco Castlebar anyway :( I went for the good old schooner instead:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Vertakill

Larianne wrote: »
    It's a real easy beer to drink. I don't drink beer usually but when I was in the Philippines it was the local beer there and I have to say I rather liked it. :)

It's lovely in Asia because it's brewed in both Hong Kong and the Phillippines iirc.

A waitress was trying to show us the difference between the two beers one night in Hong Kong.
    I really liked both (couldn't tell difference) but I think they're slightly different in taste from what's about in Europe.

Still a great bargain though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,939 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

i consider the likes of heineken, harp, stella and others to be horrible
    but that's just my taste and you will never get any of these for
    even close to 50c a bottle (apart from stella possibly).
    This is a great price but im guessing there probably
    wont be too many left anywhere if at all.
    I though getting 4 brahma for 3.99 was a bargain and
    consider getting a bottle of beer for a euro a bargain
    so hell yeah...this is an absolute snip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

I hope its allright to ask here and now - But did anyone pick these up in any of the Limerick Tescos, don't want to have to drive around all evening looking :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

i actually like that beer, havn't seen it much here, nice find

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,939 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Raiser wrote: »
    I hope its allright to ask here and now - But did anyone pick these up in any of the Limerick Tescos, don't want to have to drive around all evening looking :D

likewise...any one get any in galway shopping centre?
    its hassle driving there for me
    thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,872 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

None in Galway last night but space on shelf. Going down again in an hour so Ill report back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

None in Galway last night but space on shelf. Going down again in an hour so Ill report back.

There was space on the Shelf here in Limerick but someone robbed it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,872 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Galway- Being put on shelves as I type. Only about 100 packs though. (Well 95. Ive got the first 5 lol).

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Van Occupanther

Raiser wrote: »

None in Coonagh Cross last night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 720 ✭✭✭1968

Great deal. Hopefully pick some up later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭Sr. Pirotecnic

basquille wrote: »
    You'll be waiting a couple of weeks for a response!

No wish to further divert thread but I should point out that the reason I asked is because San Miguel is nowhere that cheap in Spain. I checked the price in Carrefour for 24 x 33cl is €10. That is all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,797 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Got 2x4 last night, the girl on the till scanned it a couple of times with a confused look on her face. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,432 ✭✭✭ando

I went looking but none left in my local Tesco :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Im considering myself lucky cos iv been to my local tesco 3 times and iv seen these fully stocked.There never on the shelf though, ALWAYS in the fridge!!! and there is no price displayed on the fridge only on the shelf so maybe thats why!

Advertisement