Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lamb shanks

Options
  • 10-04-2010 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Bought a couple of lamb shanks for dinner -they seem a bit small but I have been meaning to do these for a while now to test them out.

Anyway, i want to cook them so that the meat literally falls off the bone so I'm assuming the best way is to slow roast them? Or to brown them and then roast them in a casserole dish in the oven with stock?

Can anyone tell me which way is best and what heat and for how long? They are about 140g each.. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

http://uktv.co.uk/food/recipe/aid/527368

This is the recipe I've used for years - from Sophie Grigson's Meat book. The shanks are cooked in two stages for a total time of 2 and a half hours braised at 170c in the oven with veggies, tomatoes and stock.

Advertisement