Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

parmesan alternative

Options
  • 10-04-2010 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Hey Fellow Food-Geeks

any recommendations for an Irish hard cheese that would work as a Parmesan alternative?

preferable something i can pick up in superquinn but I'll go to sheridens if I have to

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

You could try Mature Desmond. It is quite strong though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Mature Desmond, Mature Gabriel (West Cork Natural Cheese Company), Regato, Parmazano (vegan) and Pecorino.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭eske

@Miaireland @tricky d cheers guys

would like to keep it Irish so I'll try the Mature Desmond and the Mature Gabriel

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Grana Padano - you can get this in most shops. Looks very like Parmesean, and it tastes great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

There's a cheese called Desmond?

this I have to try:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭dubh101

pecirino is another good alternative,parmasan blocls are cheap in aldi.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,050 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

+1 on the Gabriel or Desmond (to be honest, I'm not sure I can tell them apart)!

Advertisement