Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Major space policy speech."

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Reeni

Hmmm i'm very interested to see what he has to say. Also, I am LOVING the puns in this thread :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

Reeni wrote: »
    Hmmm i'm very interested to see what he has to say. Also, I am LOVING the puns in this thread :D

We have been interested in what he had to say since he first turned the spotlight on NASA and appointed Augustine to investigate.

If his Speech today has SOMETHING new,It will break ALL records for Launch posponements:D

and THAT is not TRIBALelectrification:p:)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

Today's the day. I fear he will have no good news as far as human spaceflight is concerned. A lot of "challenges and exciting prospects for the future" but no concrete commitments:(

Hope I'm wrong:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Stargate wrote: »
    Ha Ha Leo , you always make me laugh ;) Cant wait to see what ynotdus gonna say when he reads this hahaha

Was it a farewell drink for Your baby Atlantis ? Awwwwwwwwwww LL :):D;):p:o:rolleyes:

That's it,i was celebrating Atlantis' final rollover to the VAB!:D

I still stand by what i said though,Aldrin's always bugged me,mention the moon and he turns up. Armstrong has always been much more humble about it all. I think i'm just biased towards Aldrin tbh.

Beeker wrote: »
    Today's the day. I fear he will have no good news as far as human spaceflight is concerned. A lot of "challenges and exciting prospects for the future" but no concrete commitments:(

Hope I'm wrong:)

I'm not expecting much Beeker,a bit of spin,"USA has a brighter future" etc. etc.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

lord lucan wrote: »
    That's it,i was celebrating Atlantis' final rollover to the VAB!:D

I still stand by what i said though,Aldrin's always bugged me,mention the moon and he turns up. Armstrong has always been much more humble about it all. I think i'm just biased towards Aldrin tbh.
    I'm with you on the Aldrin thing, he always bugged me aswell.:)

Orion might be safe..................;)

http://www.spacetoday.net/Summary/4916

Orion might be safe..................;)

http://www.spacetoday.net/Summary/4916

Sounds like it's just an emergency escape vehicle unfortunately,still nowhere near sending Astronauts beyond LEO.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

Sounds good guys... I mean, retaining Orion in some form. I think that the moon mission originally planned was just too elaborate to go ahead with (the Orion, Ares, Altair moon lander mission).

It seems that Obama can do no wrong these days. It has taken a year into his presidency but he's making big changes recently - fair play to the guy.

Im here in my labcoat - all bright, shiny, and white.

...back to work..

Kevin

Sounds like it's just an emergency escape vehicle unfortunately,still nowhere near sending Astronauts beyond LEO.:(
    That's true but if you develop the capability of a manned craft even if only for emergeny use, it would not take much to man rate a booster to fly it, say an upgraded Delta. It gives hope:)

• Advertisement

Kevster wrote: »
    Sounds good guys... I mean, retaining Orion in some form. I think that the moon mission originally planned was just too elaborate to go ahead with (the Orion, Ares, Altair moon lander mission).

It seems that Obama can do no wrong these days. It has taken a year into his presidency but he's making big changes recently - fair play to the guy.

Im here in my labcoat - all bright, shiny, and white.

...back to work..

Kevin
    Hi Kev, no making any black holes now:D

Obama due to talk at KSC at aprox 19:40 Irish time, this will be followed by a NASA news conference. Both will be live in NASA TV.

Beekers wife throws eyes up to heaven and leaves the room:D

I get erm erotic dreams about him:oAstronaut_Buzz_Aldrin.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

Obama due to talk at KSC at aprox 19:40 Irish time, this will be followed by a NASA news conference. Both will be live in NASA TV.

Beekers wife throws eyes up to heaven and leaves the room

Bugger, I'll be at the gym then. I doubt they'll put it on the TVs there either.

ynotdu wrote: »
    I get erm erotic dreams about him:oAstronaut_Buzz_Aldrin.gif

My hero,Buzz Lightyear.:)

free-adventure-games.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Anybody know what time the speech is at or if it on tv or internet:confused:

Anybody know what time the speech is at or if it on tv or internet:confused:

NASA TV are covering it. Coverage starts at 18.30!

http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/nasatv/index.html?param=public

Air Force 1 just touched down at KSC. Assuming they've used the SLF runway.

Aldrin in the paper again today:http://www.usatoday.com/news/opinion/forum/2010-04-15-column15_ST2_N.htm

At least he admits the STS programme should continue until a succesor is developed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Beekers wife throws eyes up to heaven and leaves the room AGAIN :D
    :D

• Advertisement

Aldrin in the paper again today:http://www.usatoday.com/news/opinion/forum/2010-04-15-column15_ST2_N.htm

At least he admits the STS programme should continue until a succesor is developed.
    :DBuzz "ynotdu" Aldrin:D

Kevster wrote: »
    Bugger, I'll be at the gym then. I doubt they'll put it on the TVs there either.

Jez Kev , the Gym more important than NASA , we will have to set Beeker on ya hehe :D

Air Force 1 just touched down at KSC. Assuming they've used the SLF runway.

I saw the landing of Air Force one.No Grassy knolls at KSC is there???Assuming He has nothing new to add to what he said in January i fear for his safety:eek:

This is a short video of The future of NASA part one,Eugene Cernan{last man on Moon} and about 150 seconds in Aldrins response to Obama's Policy decisions as it was breaking,as You can see Cernan not Aldrins biggest fan!

LMFAO as they say at that Beeker:D

Stargate wrote: »
    Jez Kev , the Gym more important than NASA , we will have to set Beeker on ya hehe :D

Arghhhhh SG perish the Thougt,Beeker is DANGEROUS if STS is Criticised:D

ynotdu wrote: »

:D:D:D:p:D:D:D

Buzz " ynotdu the count " Aldrin :rolleyes:;):):p:o

One former Apollo Astronaut.........AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

the-count2.jpg

One former Apollo Astronaut.........AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

the-count2.jpg

Ha Ha Ha , or should that be A A A A A A LOL :):D:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,212 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

nasatv coverage started

Advertisement