Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Major space policy speech."

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

BULLER wrote: »
    Haha, brilliant video. I would hope thats not how Elon Musk runs things, otherwise I wouldnt be so keen for a no vote tomorrow (or should I say today?!) on H.R. 5781!!! (yes on the senate bill!)

Ha HA BULLER.You are a good sport!:)

My always realiable sources:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: tell Me it is the House not the Senate that will suspend normal buisness today/tomorrow to take a vote,so unless the Senate do the same in as far as i can figure American Politics.STILL nothing will be resolved.

Both go on Holidays on AUG 2nd so that pocket Veto by Obama is still on the cards.

Obama has signed an order that work on Constellation continue until ordered to stop.

After the holidays[and the reason for the emergency vote] They will only be concerned about the mid-terms.

This order will continue to keep some people in jobs on a programme that is doomed,and still not a 135 sorted,but no member of the House up for re-election can be blamed on job loss's before November.

It's a case of stay tuned to this channel to see the outcome,but they are not fooling people either for or against an STS-135.

Unless NASA were Lying when they said they needed to know by last June if 135 had a GO,it's not going to happen.
    Might be a few tricks left yet,at this stage once again it is NASA who's hands are tied by the short term thinking idiots!:mad:

due to the Private sector Lobbying for it not to[including but not only Elon Musk]
    With thanks to Southsiderosie who sent Me this Video when i asked for guidence as to how Prez,Senate,House and Federal nature of USA interact.
    I now walk away from this thread muttering "A Pox on ALL their House's"!

Wow Augustine was appointed almost as soon as Obama was inaugurated and it has been a roller coaster ride with no stop button ever since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

In all fairness ynotdu if you want a better idea of how politics works in any country just get someone who can draw and dictate this: "Draw two pigs fisting each other." That's about it. :pac:

amacachi wrote: »
    In all fairness ynotdu if you want a better idea of how politics works in any country just get someone who can draw and dictate this: "Draw two pigs fisting each other." That's about it. :pac:

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

STS-135 gets the green light(providing Congress pass it!),Please let Atlantis fly it and see out the programme!:)

http://spaceflightnow.com/news/n1008/06senate/

Edit: I know i'm getting carried away but it's the first good news about the human spaceflight programme i've heard in a good while!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

lord lucan wrote: »
    STS-135 gets the green light(providing Congress pass it!),Please let Atlantis fly it and see out the programme!:)

http://spaceflightnow.com/news/n1008/06senate/

Edit: I know i'm getting carried away but it's the first good news about the human spaceflight programme i've heard in a good while!
    :D:D:DHappy Beeker:D:D:D Not there yet but the signs are good.

this does offer a glimmer of hope!:)

<deleted other post due to a bout of sarcasm about how long this process has gone on>

Advertisement