Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Way To Revise Higher Level Business?

Options
  • 10-04-2010 2:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Right well it's 8 weeks to go until the exams and I havn't really gotten down to seriously revising business yet, the book I have is over 400 pages long and I have the revise wise for business as well but I find that leaves chunks of important info out. I was recommended only to do the past paper question for revision but I'm afraid that they don't always get repeated from paper to paper, how is anyone else studying business pretty much from scratch?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fulhamfanincork

Study the chapters your abq is on

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Stryderman

Ya I haven't started either:confused: but i'm not too worried, the mocks went reasonably well, but I'd still like some tips!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 misskerrie09

Same here, I somehow got a C in the mocks but I'm looking for an A2 or B1 now in the real thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭eoins23456

under each heading like characteristics/skills of an entrepreneur write down 4 or 5 key words and learn them off.Maybe use memory aids.For example for the characteristics of a manager Peter has hairy feet was-Pro-active,hard worker,honesty and Flexible.Learn these key words and you should be able to fit sentences and examples around them.Like for 25 marks youll want to write five things.state explain and example.every point requires an example.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭stainluss

eoins23456 wrote: »
    every point requires an example.
    Just for the ABQ though, right?:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭AxlRose1992

stainluss wrote: »
    Just for the ABQ though, right?:eek:
    Yeah, but if you want a really high grade, put examples in the long Q's as well (and wherever it says "Illustrate", use an example).

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

i did the leaving last year, and for studying business i did pure exam papers. just keep doing them over and over. it will keep your attention longer than sitting reading and if you try to do good detailed answers you have to go looking through your notes, therefore your learning more and revising info you forgot about while learning to do a good detailed answer. good luck;)

Advertisement