Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DSi XL + accessories + 1 game 149.99

• 10-04-2010 2:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭

picked this up in argos today.
    DSi XL
    accessory kit (carry case, screen protectors, 2 spare stylus, earphones, car charger, game case, maybe more)
    take a break puzzel game (worth 12eu in gamestop trade in :))

149.99 for the lot

i think its a good deal, but they tried to charge me 189 at the till.
    showed them the leaflet and they reduced the total for me

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭Michael_Myers

What leaflet ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

The latest reductions one that they have inside the door

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭stannis

Damn. I had no idea about this, last time I was in Argos I didn't see any good offers at all. Got a new DSi XL and Pokemon for about €190 in HMV on Wednesday.
    i think its a good deal, but they tried to charge me 189 at the till.

Well people who work at tills don't really have any control over what the computer system charges for an item. Blame the managers not the staff...

stannis wrote: »
    Well people who work at tills don't really have any control over what the computer system charges for an item. Blame the managers not the staff...

Troll somewhere else. Im not complaining about staff in Argos!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭stannis

I wasn't trolling... I'm more of an ogre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

In which Argos did you manage to get this in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30 dkd

In which Argos did you manage to get this in.
    Seriously dude where? need to buy two soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 bonphoenix

Hi
    I just got it in the argos in the Blanchardstown centre. Tried to charge me 189 at till also but once I showed them the leaflet I got it for 149.99! The offer is on the big technology leaflet that says: offers start 7th April. The april offers booklet has a similar offer for 238.84:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Nothing on the normal dsi?

dkd wrote: »
    Seriously dude where? need to buy two soon.
    i got them to reduce it at the till in stephens green

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭16hill16

Cheers Op
    just got one in Dundrum
    again they tried to charge €189 but showed them the flyer
    it took a few minutes for them to figure out how to charge me the €149 price
    Great bargain at this price

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭eamo12

Rang argos in Limerick - says it is a misprint.

i think you would have to go in to the shop to get the deal.
    once you are there they can change the price to match the flyer if you show it to them.
    anyone over the phone would just check it on the till and tell you its wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭rash0001

Went to get this and was told it was a misprice. Also spoke to the manager and was told it is €189 and he cannot let me have it for €149.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,801 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

If it really is €150, I'd be very tempted to get it. It may be a misprint, but because they've advertised it as such, the onus is on them to sell it at that price, otherwise they can be done for false advertising.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

TheChrisD wrote: »
    It may be a misprint, but because they've advertised it as such, the onus is on them to sell it at that price, otherwise they can be done for false advertising.
    Not at all. A misprice isn't false advertising, it's simply a mistake. There's no onus on them to sell it at that price (or to sell anything to anyone for whatever reason, so long as it's not because of sex/race/etc.). Some shops however will honour a misprice in order to keep customers. Tesco, for example, have a store policy on selling at shelf price, even when misprices happen.

Once the mistake is made known to the retailer, they are given a reasonable period of time to make changes to the advertised price before it becomes false advertising. In some cases, the misprice can be rectified quickly by simply changing the price tag on the product. In this case, it's more difficult as it's a distributed flyer that has the wrong price on it, so it'd take longer for it to be rectified.

The advertised price is an invitation to treat, so no contract has been initiated yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Rhodney

155e in GAME for just the console (alone)...on offer for a week....
    its Game in blanch , i dont know if its available in other branches..

Advertisement