Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange phone calls

Options
  • 10-04-2010 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

For the last few weeks I've been getting calls from 001215. When I say hello, the line goes dead. It doesn't even sound like a phone number!! I tried to google it, just to see what might turn up, but nothing did.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭blaz

00 is the international prefix, 1 is the country code for the US and 215 is the area code for Pennsylvania. The rest of the number is probably missing due to some caller ID issues at the calling end.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

sarah_mol wrote: »
    For the last few weeks I've been getting calls from 001215. When I say hello, the line goes dead. It doesn't even sound like a phone number!! I tried to google it, just to see what might turn up, but nothing did.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Jesus! I thought it was Just us!

Has happened a few times in the last while in my folks house. Weird

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

this is happening in my parents house at least once a week!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

this is the american secret service checking international phone responce times incase they ever need to ring you in an emergency

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Somebody posted in the tech section regarding a very similar number. They were saying that it was from someone from PC Doctor telling them that there were lots of new viruses out for Windows and that they should drop their computer in to them to get it checked out. Basically it's a scam. Don't answer.

Link to the thread I'm referring to:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055870826

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 sarah_mol

I don't get why they keep calling but say nothing...it doesn't make sense...

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭DERICKOO

checked with Vodafone and this no is from a market researcher company with references on boards.i.e. the mods may want to look into this as it may have to do with the site being hacked.
    this also has happened to me 001215-001217

Advertisement