Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dubin Horse Show; Gen Admission / Seated

Options
  • 10-04-2010 4:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I know nothing about horses but my girlfriend is nuts about them so I'm looking to get some tickets to the horse show in August. I think we'll go on the Friday (is there any "best" day?) but I'm not sure if I need seated tickets or not? I assume general admission gets you in and you just have to walk around / stand and watch everything? Or will there be certain things you cannot watch without a seated ticket?

Any advice welcomed and appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

The seated tickets are really only of value if you plan on watching show jumping all day in the main arena. If you are, it would probably be best to get the tickets because then you can come and go as you please and be guaranteed that you can get up on the stand and that your seat will be there. But there's nothing that you can't watch from elsewhere around the arena, you're just paying for the convenience of a guaranteed space/seat on the stand.

Friday is always the busiest day and, of couse, the most expensive. You can expect to pay at least once and a half, if not twice the price for both admission and the reserved seating.

If you do decide to buy a ticked for seating, don't forget that you can buy the seat/admission ticket in one, which is cheaper than buying them separately.

If your girlfriend is into showing more than showjumping, then don't bother with the seated tickets as they don't overlook the showing rings - they only overlook the main arena.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

That's brilliant convert, thanks for all the information. Got my tickets now and hopefully there'll be some sunshine on the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭dee o gee

Just to add to what convert said, the seated tickets are only really for the covered stands (sorry can't remember the actual name for the different stands), but there are other seated areas that you can get into with just the regular tickets, its a complete waste of money in my opinion to get the seated tickets unless as convert said your going to sit there all day to watch all the classes.
    Last year we were in the same boat, trying to decide whether to get seated or standing as we didn't like the idea of standing after a long day on our feet, we went for the regular cheaper tickets anyways and was very happy that we did. There is a small stand at the end of the main arena with steps that you can sit on, theres no cover over it but last year was a scorcher so it was nice to sit out in the sun, good view from it as well.
    Correct me if im wrong but from what I can remember only one side of the arena reserved for seated tickets, and then the other side on a first come first served basis, so if you were there early enough you could get seats? Im sure I remember getting into the stand nearest the showing rings but left again because it was too busy.

Its a good day out whether or not your into horses. Be prepared to bring lots of money though as all the little vans around the place selling chips and ice creams rip you off, its actually best if you just bring a few sandwiches yourself and a flask of tea! :D

Advertisement