Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nursing assesment how'd u do?

Options
  • 10-04-2010 4:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭

so i did my assessment today, part 1 and 2 were fine for me but the maths part was wicked hard! I only got to question 28 but skipped a few! I hope its enough to get through! how do they mark that section? How did everyone else get on? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭delama

yeah, i thought the same. 1 and 2 were ok (although on the verbal, it was hard to tell if i was right or wrong!!)
    I only got to question 25 on the numerical. I was really disappointed, but spoke to someone who did it last year, and he didn't finish either, but got a place in DCU, so all is not lost!! Fingers crossed...

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Laydee

I found part one & two to be be fine, not too hard and easy to finish in the time given. I would say that section one holds the most points.

As for the numerical test, I know that what I did answer properly I got right but I had to randomly guess 7 of them. It'll be interview time soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭cmf86

All parts were equally as annoying, lol! maths was easy until it got to the last section of questions, head wreckers. Its done now so just have to wait for the results.

Was there an afternoon session does anybody know? i was at the galway centre in the morning and there wasn't a while big crowd. How about the other centres?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭pinkfeather

hey guys, i did mine in dublin today and i thought the exact same. the first 2 sections were easy, i missed 5 questions on the maths part. It was really busy in the afternoon exam, would say about 500 people all in all. At the careers services course, they said they give you more maths questions than you can possibly answer in the time allocated so I wouldn't worry about it too much to be honest. I feel pretty confident about it myself, just hope the maths doesn't let everyone down

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Angelique

I'm the same. Did grand in parts one and two but only got to finish 29 in the maths section. Hope its enough :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Curlz

I did the career test day for the written assesment and felt it was worthwhile although a bit steep on the cost. There is one for the interview also but just wondering if anyone did this last year and did it help??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭pinkfeather

....and also does anyone know the cost of the interview course? I agree with Curlz, although the careers services course was worthwhile it was very steep in price.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ellen1982

Hey guys, I did the Aptitude test in cork, I found the questions to be ok, but i stupidly forgot to keep an eye on the time on section 2 and only got to about no. 26 i nearly cried when she yelled out to drop our pens, i came out thinking there is no way il pass cause i only got to number 31 on the maths! but I suppose you really cant tell, is it up to the standard on the day? or is there a set amount of marks you need to get i order to get an interview? cheers:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭sex panther

it depends every year but last year i think it was everyone who got over 120 got an interview, which is silly cos there is no way your gona get a place in any college with 120 points. You dont get your results of the apptitude test until after the interview which again i think is not good cos we're gona be stressed out and have to travel to dub for an interview without knowing if we have got enough points!!!

Advertisement