Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

COA OCD

• 10-04-2010 4:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,220 ✭✭✭

I bought the Collectors Edition of Mass Effect 2 recently. The case has 3 discs in it, and this posed a problem for me... what do I do with the COA (Certificate of Authenticity)?

You see, I've had the Xbox 360 for 3 and a half years. Every time I've got a new game, I've peeled off the COA and stuck it neatly inside the box, under the manual. Why? Well, I'm not quite sure. Perhaps it's a slight case of OCD, or the fact that I'm ultimately trying to preserve the game, and keeping the COA makes up part of this preservation/collection. I don't really know.

It did get me thinking however. What do others do with the COA? Am I alone in my madness? Does anyone else keep these little strips of sticky plastic, or are they binned with the rest of the packaging? Do I need help? :pac:

FWIW - I found a space for my ME2 COA to fit. If you really must know, it's on the right side, under where disc 1 and 2 overlap...

What do you do with your COAs? 12 votes

I do exactly the same! You're not crazy!
    0%
    I bin them. They're ultimately pointless, ya big weirdo.
    0%
    I buy games from X - they've already had their wicked way and broken it's COA by the time I get it.
    91%
    misemuppetkillerJulezBurning EclipseMr. KEvoluteYakulttheUbiqdunworth1RedlionNemanja91 11 votes
    I only buy second hand games, I've never seen an intact COA in my life.
    0%
    Atari Jaguar games don't have COAs...
    8%
    spooky donkey 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

How do you manage to get it off without it going to pieces? That's what happens when I take them off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

I buy games from X - they've already had their wicked way and broken it's COA by the time I get it.
    I've a friend who can be a little OCD with his games (will only buy a games still in shrink-wrap), but this takes the biscuit!! I'd imagine this thread will make him feel a little more sane when he sees it actually...

Congrats to you sir!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,220 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

LD 50 wrote: »
    How do you manage to get it off without it going to pieces? That's what happens when I take them off.
    Unstick one side fully first, then the other is more manageable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

I usually dont even bother taking the tag off just break it so I can open the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

This thread is a bit crazy :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

My thumb finger nail splits it right down the middle then tear off and throw in the bin, quite satisfying actually, makes a lovely cracking sound. You cringing yet op?

Guess I have a similar ocd, I hate leaving it on the box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,220 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

will only buy a games still in shrink-wrap
    That's understandable, you wouldn't want a second hand game passed off as new... ;)
    calex71 wrote: »
    You cringing yet op?
    Nah, it doesn't bother me. I think I'm doing it more out of habit than anything else; sort of a new game ritual, like reading the manual on the way home from getting a game when you were a kid.

Advertisement