Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Broadband Upgrade

• 10-04-2010 4:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭

Just a quick question, has anyone who was on the pre "fibre power" bundles (3mb) been upgraded yet, i thought the 1st of April was to be the date? As you can see below haven't been upgraded. If you have been upgraded i would appreciate if you could tell me what you did!

777997972.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 dubjackeen

Go to the UPC website; scroll to the bottom of the page and click on "About us"; click on "Price changes" and then on "speed changes". Fill in the form and UPC will email you within a few days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭jwcurtin

dubjackeen wrote: »
    Go to the UPC website; scroll to the bottom of the page and click on "About us"; click on "Price changes" and then on "speed changes". Fill in the form and UPC will email you within a few days.

Thank You

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

That will enter you into a new contract though. I'm waiting for my upgrade too but I'm not going to push them as I don't want to extend my contract that I'm 6 months into.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭jwcurtin

dubjackeen wrote: »

Thanks!!!:D
    779922892.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,040 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Go UPC...30 Mb/s my hole!

779926356.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 490 ✭✭delop

But does anyone know if a customer that does not fill out the Internet speed upgrade form , will they be upgraded as a matter of course eventually?

delop wrote: »
    But does anyone know if a customer that does not fill out the Internet speed upgrade form , will they be upgraded as a matter of course eventually?

We didn't fill out the form, just rang them up on their free phone number and they "upgraded" the line for us.

jasonorr wrote: »
    We didn't fill out the form, just rang them up on their free phone number and they "upgraded" the line for us.

what number? 1908? which department did you contact?

didnt work for me they asked me to fill out the form , or wait an unknown amount of time for automatic upgrade...

what number? 1908? which department did you contact?

didnt work for me they asked me to fill out the form , or wait an unknown amount of time for automatic upgrade...

That's the one. We either talked to the broadband technical queries section or broadband issues, can't really remember. Friend did the same and it was sorted straight away!

jasonorr wrote: »
    That's the one. We either talked to the broadband technical queries section or broadband issues, can't really remember. Friend did the same and it was sorted straight away!

And what did you ask for, I was told its impossible to upgrade me unless I fill out the form...
    When i said I was paying for a service that I was not getting and new customer were a far superior service, I was told curtly by a monotone dubliner called Michelle that was not true my contract was for 10mb/sec connection not 15mb/sec

Pretty poor if you ask me, I must be a NTL/UPC customer for over 10yrs, I could just fill out the form and re-signup for another yr, I'm not going anywhere really, unless I loose my job, but Im kinda annoyed now and Im not going to fill it in...

Anyone know an email of a manager in UPC?

• Advertisement

And what did you ask for, I was told its impossible to upgrade me unless I fill out the form...
    When i said I was paying for a service that I was not getting and new customer were a far superior service, I was told curtly by a monotone dubliner called Michelle that was not true my contract was for 10mb/sec connection not 15mb/sec

Pretty poor if you ask me, I must be a NTL/UPC customer for over 10yrs, I could just fill out the form and re-signup for another yr, I'm not going anywhere really, unless I loose my job, but Im kinda annoyed now and Im not going to fill it in...

Anyone know an email of a manager in UPC?

I just asked about it and said that I was paying the same price for a lower package so, would it be possible to upgrade my line and she did it there and then. It ties you down to a new 12 moth contract but, I didn't mind that!

Advertisement