Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aston Villa Versus Chelsea Match Thread

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

33b0ho2.gif

11vitko.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

JPA wrote: »
    33b0ho2.gif

11vitko.gif

That's a shocker of a tackle:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

That's a shocker of a tackle:eek:

Funniest part is Terry pretending he's the one hurt after.

Ush1 wrote: »
    Funniest part is Terry pretending he's the one hurt after.

Yeah ,your right!!!! He instantly searched out where the ref was and did the big auld "I'm hurt face to him"...

I would've liked to have seen Villa go through esp with Richard Dunne playing for Villa even if it did produce an onslaught of cries like "Haha, ye got rid of Dunne and he won a cup elsewhere"!!!:rolleyes:
    Would've been happy for Dunne:)

Yeah ,your right!!!!

I would've liked to have seen Villa go through esp with Richard Dunne playing for Villa even if it did produce an onslaught of cries like "Haha, ye got rid of Dunne and he won a cup elsewhere"!!!:rolleyes:
    Would've been happy for Dunne:)

Well it was 1 nil and that tackle has to warrant a red. High, reckless, nowhere near the ball and dangerous. Would have been a different game had Terry been sent off.

Be nice to see Dunne win a trophy yeah.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Usually don't go in for ref criticism too much but I fully agree with MON when he said the ref bottled it against Man U and now Chelsea. Both should have been penalties and straight reds.

Very very unfair on Villa. They can't be expected to beat Utd and Chelsea convincingly and need the refs to deliver the harshest blow (i.e. penalty and red) when Villa force them into making a big mistake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Ush1 wrote: »
    Well it was 1 nil and that tackle has to warrant a red. High, reckless, nowhere near the ball and dangerous. Would have been a different game had Terry been sent off.

Be nice to see Dunne win a trophy yeah.
    In fairness, it was a bad tackle, but he gets the ball first.

Mr Alan wrote: »

He got the ball first because he was willing to go in with a challenge with no regard for the well being of the other player......Whilst "technically" allowed, it's still a Sh1ty thing to do!!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

i agree. i don't think the ref can be blamed for yesterday though, the peno wasn't a peno-it was a free out first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

The JT tackle looks alot worse than it was , there was no intention to hurt anyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Barr wrote: »
    The JT tackle looks alot worse than it was , there was no intention to hurt anyone.

It was exceedingly reckless, studs first.
    Good thing James Milner is made of James Milner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

JPA wrote: »
    It was exceedingly reckless, studs first.
    Good thing James Milner is made of James Milner.

I always thought he was made of unobtanium? Helix has been misleading me 20million a kilo he said

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

JT is pathetic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,831 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

go on the blues!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

He got the ball first because he was willing to go in with a challenge with no regard for the well being of the other player......Whilst "technically" allowed, it's still a Sh1ty thing to do!!:)

Far too much focus is put on "getting the ball" by people who only know football from sitting on their arse. Playing "in a dangerous manner" is a foul, regardless of whether you get the ball or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Blues fans should be happy . . If United got the kind of decisions that have gone chelseas way this season, there would be an uprising . . .

carefree..
    delighted with the play in the second half, found the stride nicely

if chelsea got half the OG's united got this season, anelka would on the dole

Drumpot wrote: »
    Blues fans should be happy . . If United got the kind of decisions that have gone chelseas way this season, there would be an uprising . . .

You are obsessed with this notion!!!:D

Mr Alan wrote: »

My mistake actually, so he does.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭FUNKY LOVER

Terry gets the "English grit" award I assume?

good strong english tackle-the type that leads to broken legs.

eduardo

ramsey

both by good english honest lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Drumpot wrote: »

:rolleyes:

Advertisement