Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Saab 9-2 rendering

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

CAR are becoming increasingly fond of renderings, so much so that they are nearly like an upmarket version of Auto Express.

The future of SAAB is looking good anyway. If they can get away with the high pricing they have set for the new 9-5 then I can't see why they won't succeed as a niche car manufacturer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,747 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Saab9-2scoop2.jpg

Very nice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Saab9-2scoop1.jpg
    not meant to be "retro", eyh?
    Ursaab%20Goodwood.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭mumblin deaf ro

I think SAAB needs to tread carefully with a retro 92, especially as it is likely to be their first car on a non-GM platform. There are three distinct SAAB customers as far as i can see: guys who buy classic saabs; middle aged guys driving newish 9-3s and 9-5s; and affluent middle-aged women who drive SAAB convertibles. It would be easy for SAAB to attract young female mini drivers (the daughters of women who drive SAAB convertibles) with a cute retro car with very high spec interiors (a Spyker speciality) but it would be a stand-alone niche in the saab range, a bit like the MiTo for Alfa.

Overall, if SAAB is re-establishing itself I think they need a forward looking design for any new 92 (or 9-1 as it has been referred to up to now).

PS: as far as I know Victor Mueller wants to go back to the old SAAB nomenclature, dropping the hyphen and calling a car 92, for example, instead of 9-2.

• Advertisement

Here's an alternative rendering of retro 92

http://www.aftonbladet.se/bil/article6917441.ab

Advertisement