Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Youtube - Flash

• 10-04-2010 6:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Recently, Youtube (& the RTE website) have stopped working for me. When I go to youtube, I receive the message: "No Flash - Go Get it"

Why would this stop working? How do I know if Flash is installed on my PC?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 hantari

I tried going to to Adobe and downloading Flash. However, I face the following problem:

I get as far as the following link:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/000/6b3af6c9.html

This link tells me:

Flash Player support on 64-bit operating systems

Issue

Adobe Flash Player is not supported for playback in a 64-bit browser. However, you can run Flash Player in a 32-bit browser running on a 64-bit operating system.
    Reason

Adobe is working on Flash Player support for 64-bit platforms as part of our ongoing commitment to the cross-platform compatibility of Flash Player. We expect to provide native support for 64-bit platforms in an upcoming release of Flash Player following the release of Flash Player 10.1.
    Note: To participate in pre-release testing of 64-bit Flash Players see Adobe Labs.
    Solution

To use Flash Player to view Flash content on a 64-bit operating system, you must run a 32-bit browser. For details on setting this up for Windows see Microsoft Help & Support.
    For details on using Flash Player on Mac OS X 10.6 on 64-bit machines, see:
    Flash Player 10 and Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
    and
    GPU mode support on Macintosh OS X 10.6

alert.gifThis content requires Flash

To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
    Download the free Flash Player now!
    get_flash_player.gif

If I click on the "Download Flash player" button, I just get redirected to the same page again....
    I have already checked and Javascript is enabled (Active Scritping is enabled in internet options)

Can anybody advise what I should do????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Are you using Win 7 64bit?

If you are you will need to run the 32bit version of IE.

Both get installed on Win 7 64bit & you can run the 32bit from the "Programs(86) folder (Create a shortcut to it on your desktop).
    Scenario:

You have a Windows 7 64bit system running IE8 64bit by default.

Certain YouTube videos will not play but may do occasionally. When video fails to play you see the message that you need to install the latest version of Flash Player but at time of posting (24th February 2010), there is no Adobe 64bit flash player developed (It is however work in progress). There is however a 32bit version 10 of flash player which will run on a 32bit version of IE8.

Solution:

Windows 7 64bit installs two “Programs” folders by default, one called “Programs” & the other called “Programs(86)” which is the 32bit version. It also installs by default 2 instances of IE8, 64bit in the “Programs” folder & IE8 32bit in the “Programs(86)” folder.

Instructions:

1. Right click the IE8 icon on the left hand side of the task bar & choose “Unpin this from the task bar”.
    2. Open “My Computer” & navigate the “C:\Programs(86)” folder.
    3. Locate & right click on the iexplorer file & choose “Pin to Start Menu”.
    4. Click on the Start Orb, right click on the Internet Explorer icon & drag & drop it to the left hand side of the “Task Bar” . You are now using IE8 32bit on your 64bit system.
    5. Open Internet Explorer form either the “Task Bar” or the “Start Menu” & search for “Flash Player”. This will return Adobe Flash player in the results. Choose to install the latest version of Flash Player & it will install successfully.
    6. That’s it! You’re done & all your flash related features will work perfectly.

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Advertisement