Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eagle AC/Fota Cheetah Race - it's back!

• 10-04-2010 7:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭

Eagle AC and Fota Wildlife Park will be running this fantastic race again this year, on Thursday 20th May at 8pm. http://www.eagleac.net/

More details to follow, but put the date in your diaries! :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 258 ✭✭southofnowhere

Looks like a fun four miles. Work commitments (and fitness) permitting, I think I might drive down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭eliwallach

Had it been away?

Hope to do it this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭colblimp

No it hadn't been away, but you know what I mean! Look forward to seeing you there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Condo131

Race Information and instructions for the Cheetah Run in Fota Wildlife Park, Cork are here.
    Route description is here.

Entry is €10, taken on the night, before 7:40pm. 50% of the proceeds go towards the renovation of the Gibbon Island by Fota Wildlife Park, a registered charity.

Organised and run by Eagle AC in conjunction with Fota Wildlife Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Backmarker

Anyone else doing this? Sounds wild - I'm definitely going to go down to Cork for it.

• Advertisement

Disclaimer: This is a blatant, unashamed plug! :eek:

The second running of the Cheetah Run is on next Thursday, May 20th, at 8pm, in the grounds of Fota Wildlife Park and Fota House. Entries taken on the night, up to 19:40. Afaik, this is the only race in the world (apart from one in nashville) that runs through a zoo/wildlife park.

You want scenery - you got it!...and it's only €10, with €5 of that going to renovate Fota Wildlife Park's Gibbon Island. Trouble is....to enjoy the scenery, you need to be running slowly.

Race info
    Course info

662 finishers last year. (just as well there weren't 4 more! :eek: )

IMG_1552.JPG
    Close to the 3 mile mark

Disclaimer: This is another unashamed plug for tomorrow night's race.

Cork Running Blogspot has a review of the race HERE.

All I can say about the photo and comment towards the end is that it can only have come from someone who is watching their back for October 25th.
    :D:D:D

Today's the big day folks, it would be great to see some Boardsies running tonight! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

Good luck to everyone doing this. Can't believe I'm missing it a second year running.

Good luck to everyone doing this. Can't believe I'm missing it a second year running.

Yeah but you kind of have a valid reason... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭markyboy

How busy was the traffic getting in and out of this last year? 600+ cars at more or less the same time is a lot for Fota!

markyboy wrote: »
    How busy was the traffic getting in and out of this last year? 600+ cars at more or less the same time is a lot for Fota!

Nah, it was actually fine. Runners started arriving nice and early, about 18:00 so it was staggered thus avoiding any congestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭markyboy

Thanks for the advice colblimp. Got in and out early. Nice run, apart from that hill when you came back in off the main road. Well organised and great weather.

Provisional results are up here. There are a few problems to be sorted with the results.

3:03 minute U-Tube video from about 1/4 mile point HERE.

Photos from 1.5 miles and finish line will be posted on the Eagle website tomorrow.

631 finishers. Race started 7 mins past 8.

Advertisement