Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Knapsack/Backpack Sprayer

• 10-04-2010 8:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭

Any recommendations for knapsack/backpack sprayer? 16-20L size for domestic and light farm use? Any good deals anywhere on these...even online? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭djmc

I brought one last year at local co op store called interlink a good sprayer
    but I found that I had to fill it up very often when spraying under fence wire
    and its a bit of work carrying it around on your back all day putting it on and off.
    I am looking now at buying a 12v one that I can put in the back of the jeep and spray out the window or on the back of the quad
    http://cgi.ebay.ie/12V-95-Litre-ATV-Spot-Sprayer-40psi-Pump-With-Lance_W0QQitemZ370197843653QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_BOI_FarmingEquipment_RL?hash=item563182cec5http://stores.shop.ebay.ie/Quad-Bikes-Wales-Online__W0QQ_armrsZ1
    or there is a company called quad x up in antrim
    I also heard of someone who made there own sprayer with a plastic barel on the front of a loader with a 12v pump and spray nozzel on boom over the wire
    controling height and pump switch from tractor seat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

we bought a 12v sprayer and we have it on a transport box on tractor very handy for doing under wires , if you are buying a knapsack make sure you can get parts for it if you need them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭mossfort

leex wrote: »
    Any recommendations for knapsack/backpack sprayer? 16-20L size for domestic and light farm use? Any good deals anywhere on these...even online? Thanks.

i would also recomend the 12v sprayer as it takes the hard work out of the job and it can do along fences and hedgerows.
    i bought one a few years ago for 360 euros from martyns grass lawns in dunmore. i wouldnt go back to a knapsack sprayer again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Melodeon

Another '+1' for the 12v quad sprayer here.

Get a garden hose reel to go with it for extra reach and it's a fantastic job for spraying around the yard or along by lanes or under fences too.

I've used mine off the bonnet of a tractor, out of the back of a 4x4, and even out of the boot of a car; never used it off a quad though.
    Actually, now that I think of it, I've used it on a wheelbarrow with a battery underneath it too. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭leex

mossfort wrote: »
    i would also recomend the 12v sprayer as it takes the hard work out of the job and it can do along fences and hedgerows.
    i bought one a few years ago for 360 euros from martyns grass lawns in dunmore. i wouldnt go back to a knapsack sprayer again.

Thanks for the info? What brand is it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭BeeDI

Melodeon wrote: »
    Another '+1' for the 12v quad sprayer here.

Get a garden hose reel to go with it for extra reach and it's a fantastic job for spraying around the yard or along by lanes or under fences too.

I've used mine off the bonnet of a tractor, out of the back of a 4x4, and even out of the boot of a car; never used it off a quad though.
    Actually, now that I think of it, I've used it on a wheelbarrow with a battery underneath it too. :D

My knapack, has seen better days and I was just planning to replace it. Thought about getting the 12v job, but I discounted it, as I need decent reach to get into the spud garden.
    Are you saying I could get away with it, by using a length of garden hose, to get in to the middle of the plot:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Melodeon

BeeDI wrote: »
    My knapack, has seen better days and I was just planning to replace it. Thought about getting the 12v job, but I discounted it, as I need decent reach to get into the spud garden.
    Are you saying I could get away with it, by using a length of garden hose, to get in to the middle of the plot:cool:
    That's it exactly.
    I got my sprayer with a conventional knapsack handheld single-nozzle lance on the end of 10 meters of hose. I then bought a 50 meter reel (and a few Hozelock connectors) which gives me a reach of 60 meters from the sprayer.
    I figure that gives me potential coverage of 1.1 hectares (2 3/4 acres), or a total length of 120 meters along a lane or whatever from any one position.

I can spray my entire yard from 3 positions, and can do the gravel around our local church from one position.

CAUTION: when using long hoses like this, you need to be careful not to drag the hose over stuff you DON'T want hit by the spray. The hose tends to get contaminated by the spray as you drag it back and forth, and if you then, for example, head off across the lawn with it, you'll have a lovely permanent reminder of your route until it grows back again or until your ear is so bent about it that you have to effect repairs yourself. I've SO been there and gotten that t-shirt! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭mossfort

leex wrote: »
    Thanks for the info? What brand is it?

turf choice its made in america. top quality shurflo 60psi pump.

http://www.martynlawns.com/images/Machine44L.jpg
    http://www.martynlawns.com/index.html

as melodeon said you can add the garden hose to extend the reach or you can get lenghts of the original sprayer hose to order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

dont laugh but a great one from lidl last year. Their stuff is actually pretty good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭BeeDI

dont laugh but a great one from lidl last year. Their stuff is actually pretty good

Agreed! Just having a bottle of Franzizkaner, from there. Great beer:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 858 ✭✭✭tismesoitis

have to agree with bogman there bought a log splitter in lidl last year savage good machine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 barbersfort

that Franzizkaner is the best beer Ive had in this country!

Advertisement